NC Shops for LS Swapping a Grand Wagoneer

Turk919

I am in the researching and assembling a parts list for parts that make a LS + Transmission swap on my 85 Grand Wagoneer. I have not sourced an engine yet but I’d like to be able to work with a shop on checking one over and maybe adding a couple power adders like heads and a cam.

I’m not sure what I’m looking at spending with pricing nowadays, I’ve heard 30K from a local place but that’s not feasible. I can take it anywhere in the state(s) but would love for it to be relatively local to Raleigh.

Also interested in having a lift kit installed and a rear disk brake kit installed, open to having an interested third party do that.

I am in the researching and assembling a parts list for parts that make a LS + Transmission swap on my 85 Grand Wagoneer. I have not sourced an engine yet but I’d like to be able to work with a shop on checking one over and maybe adding a couple power adders like heads and a cam.

I’m not sure what I’m looking at spending with pricing nowadays, I’ve heard 30K from a local place but that’s not feasible. I can take it anywhere in the state(s) but would love for it to be relatively local to Raleigh.

Also interested in having a lift kit installed and a rear disk brake kit installed, open to having an interested third party do that.
I've done 14 now in jeeps, 4others in cars/trucks and a coyote swap. call me 828-284-1302 we can chat if you'd like. thanks

Nothing to add except, I want to see pics and videos and all the things because this is going to be so cool!

I'm wondering how much you think is fair for a job like that ?
From the places I’ve talked to, sounds like half that is the going rate depending on how wild you go with the engine.

I’ll freely admit the 30K came from a shop that specifically restores Wagoneers and the engine/trans/tcase are brand new. But I’m saving for a house and “not feasible” to me might be perfectly acceptable to someone else.

From the places I’ve talked to, sounds like half that is the going rate depending on how wild you go with the engine.

I’ll freely admit the 30K came from a shop that specifically restores Wagoneers and the engine/trans/tcase are brand new. But I’m saving for a house and “not feasible” to me might be perfectly acceptable to someone else.
So 15k with the parts included ?

So 15k with the parts included ?
through someone like me that number is realistic BUT...BUT that is basic, nothing fancy, no aftermarket parts, used drivetrain, and presentable but nothing show quality

20231214_153548.jpg

for example this was far beyond that price

20240513_091319.jpg

this CJ7 swap however was roughly 19k for everything...looks presentable but not show status

Back