NC State Fairgrounds Camping report

Lizooki

Samurai Frogger
All in all, not a bad experience.
The RV lot is fairly new, with all hook-ups. Anything ... RV, pull behind, pop-up, tent ... can camp there for 30 bucks per 24 hr. period ( midnight to midnight).
That was nice since we attended the event at the fairgrounds, went back and rested for a couple of hours, then broke camp and headed home around 5 pm instead of the typical 11 am check out time.
The RV lot is behind the horse complex across the road from the fairgrounds.

One thing to consider, there is not a bathhouse at the RV lot. (one is planned for the future tho'.)
The bathhouse are all within the fenced confines of the fairground itself, and you can come and go as you please ..... except sometimes the gates are locked at night to reduce the security work load.

You can camp anywhere there is a site, ( as of now, may change). Pick the site, call security, they come to you and check you in.

The bathhouses: all clean and well kept, but some are a bit dated. We used some new shower rooms on the opposite side of the fairgrounds, but the water never got hot.
Next time we will camp near a nicer ladies bathouse, self identify as a woman ( Royfag says I can), and have my wife stand guard while I used the ladies shower late at night. :)

All in all, a 7 out of 10 experience.

Matt

Back