NC Wildlife Baden Lake Update

rodney eppes

Temporary Hunting Restriction Placed on Portion of Bladen Lakes State Forest Game Land

Due to safety concerns, the Wildlife Commission has changed the designation of a portion of the Bladen Lakes State Forest Game Land from a Restricted Firearms Zone to a Temporary Restricted Zone. Around 72 acres of the Bladen County game land, adjacent to Sweet Home Church Road and Sweet Home Trail, will be closed to hunting activity until further notice. The Commission will re-evaluate the designation after hunting seasons conclude. Map of affected area.

I might be missing something but doesn't this affect Bladen Lakes State Forest (near Elizabethtown) not Badin Lake near/at Uwharrie?

Yeah I was confused myself. Fishers it was some other forest near Rodney. I don’t even know where Bladen County is??

Yeah it says Bladen county; not the same.

Sorry guys, I Mis-took it! Now I see Bladen County, is around Lumberton/Whitevile, area. Crap. I'm on the Wildlife E-mail News list, from when I was Boating. I've thought about "Unsubscribing". Every now & then, they have some interesting News, but it's mostly for Hunting & Fishing folk. I'm neither.

Back