NC_DMV Raleigh Sucks

rodney eppes

Many of us think our Local office is Bad. Check out the Main Raleigh DMV! About 3 months back, I switched Insurance companies. My former insurance expired on the 16, midnight. My New Insurance began, at the Same time. Generally, it always works that way. Insurance companies send the info & Proof of insurance to Raleigh. All that was done. My former insurance waits a month, to send a Dis-continuation of insurance, to Raleigh. In the mean time, I have to renew my truck tag & inspection. Get the Inspection, & a couple days later, I go on-line to renew my tag. That's when I find, That process has been farmed out to a third party. On Their form, I delete my old insurance info, & enter my new info. Ten days later, I get my new sticker & registration, which list me New Insurance info. Maybe 4 weeks later I get a letter from Raleigh, showing my Former Insurance has expired, & I Need to provide Proof my Insurance has Not lapsed! I can be Fined! Back to my Insurance Office I go, to show this letter. For the Second time, they Fax the form to Raleigh, & get a confirmation on the fax. They "suggest", I call Raleigh the next day & Confirm they have handled it. For Two days, I make calls, & listen to the phone ring for 5 - 10 minutes, with No answer. I go on-line & check my registration & insurance. It shows Correct on my truck, but not my Jeep, which I have not renewed. Being that They don't answer the phone, I figure to hell with it! It's Got to be in the system, Or I wouldn't have gotten my Proper registration card, Plus it shows in Their system.
Today, I get 2 more form letters, telling me my Tags have been Revoked, & $50 fine per vehicle, for no insurance! OMG, I'm So Pissed! Friday, 13th, Raining, & I got to get to Gastonia DMV in Nightmare Traffic! I take All my letters, Fax copy, Cards the Ins. gives for each vehicle, & My registration, to DMV. Show it to the Nice Lady, who is pulling it up as I explain this. Then she tells me, I'm In the System, New insurance is Listed, & there Is No Lapse, No Fine, & No revoked plates! Just the Standard Raleigh Frick Up! She also says she thinks they are Loosing paperwork, due to their Moving to Rocky Mount.[???] She's seeing folks that applied for plates or stickers, waiting up to 3 months, to receive them. S O B !

Yep. Renewed one of our tags on line. Never got the sticker. DMV says the tag is good but the sticker was unclaimed? What the hell? You never mailed it to me. :shaking:

and that explanation works well when po po pulls you for expired sticker.... HP may be in the know, but locals aren’t as likely to

Back