Need a GM 4.3 V6 TBI motor

R Q

I blew up my motor today at Windrock and need a replacement to get me they the rest of the wheeling season. Looking for a running motor that's not worn out it has issues. Please let me know if you know of one. Thanks

If you don't mind a bit of extra work, you can use a later model vortec motor (which is probably easier to find), you just have to use a carb swap manifold from edelbrock or a marine (boat) intake to run your TBI stuff. There's a little bit more to it, but it's not overly complicated. Nice bump in power with the vortec heads, especially if you upgrade the cam and maybe bump up to the next size injectors in the throttle body. I haven't done this particular setup myself, but have researched it and there's info around the webz.

However if you just want a quick (and cheap) R&R and get back on the trail, probably best to grab a runner and get it in there. I'll keep my eyes open.

I got two of the TBI motors. One come out of a s10 and the other is still in a Astro van. The trans come out on the van. Don't know much about them. But would make you a good deal on both or one if interested.

I got two of the TBI motors. One come out of a s10 and the other is still in a Astro van. The trans come out on the van. Don't know much about them. But would make you a good deal on both or one if interested.
Do they run? How many miles? I need a runner that's ready to go. I can swap over my external parts.

Back