Need help near Blowing Rock, Nc

MarsFab

Will work for money
I have a friend stuck in a cabin in the mountains needing some help. Anyone near Blowing Rock with a capable 4wd that wants to go be a hero? They’re low on food and his Toyota can’t make it out. He’s on Old House Gap rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about old house gap in roseboro? I never realized anyone actually lived on that road.

Are you talking about old house gap in roseboro? I never realized anyone actually lived on that road.

I’m not sure. I just know they were staying in a cabin off that road and got snowed in. Looks like I’ve got a buddy headed over to try and rescue them.
Here’s the GPS coordinates
36°02'56.6"N 81°47'21.8"W

That's kinda close to a cabin we rent in Jonas Ridge. I'll bet he is really snowed in. Our cabin is over 5,000 ft in elevation. With Hickory getting over 20" of snow at 800-900 ft.
Bout need a snow machine.
I hope he get out ok.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I apologize if I am wrong, but the GPS coordinates you gave put the cabin on the gated side of the roseboro loop. That's near yancys ridge. I have driven that road/trail 100s of times, and am 99% sure there are no cabins there.

Damn. Too bad I didn't see this earlier.

Update?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea they got out. Not sure what all it took yet though. I haven’t had a chance to call the guy and see how it went. Thanks for all the help!

I talked to him. He basically just drove out himself. He didnt feel comfortable driving out himself in his Toyota.
The guy that went to help him was in a power wagon and basically blazed the trail enabling him to get out without getting stuck.
He admits it wasn't the smartest thing he ever did but asking and getting help was the best.
Getting stuck out in there away from the cabin wasn't a good option.
They we're low on food but he is a hunter and his buddy was a good at fishing so I'm pretty sure they'd been alright.
Crazy thing is they probably wasn't a quarter mile from a half dozen houses through the woods and didn't know it.
Just glad they made it home safe.
I was going to take my crawler up there if needed.

Back