Need Some Help

obxbronco

Need some help with my 89 kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4. I've cleaned the tank out, but it still seems to act like the carb is dirty, i can put fuel treatment in it and it will run fine for awhile. I put a different carb on it, but still don't work.

filter is clean, new spark plug. It will run sometimes for awhile like a week or 2, then it does it again.

I HATE THIS THING

x2 on the hose and the gas...not to familiar with these tanks but if it has anykinda clear coating in the inside of the tank that can cause problems

...it still seems to act like the carb is dirty, i can put fuel treatment in it and it will run fine for awhile. I put a different carb on it, but still don't work.
is the diffrent carb new or used. have you rebuilt and cleaned the old one? my first thought is dirty bowl, needle and seat...

filter is clean, new spark plug. It will run sometimes for awhile like a week or 2, then it does it again.
or it could be the computer...

I'd be looking for a loose ground or plug on any of the wiring. I've seen where a bad CDI ground will act up intermittently just like that.

i can put fuel treatment in it and it will run fine for awhile.

Makes me think ethanol gas problems...Ethanol gas accumulating water? Ethanol gas breaking down fuel system components that go into the carb and clog it? Do you know a local place where you can get gas without ethanol?

Is there water or trash in the carb bowl when you pull it? What are you doing to get it running again when the problem occurs?

Bayou

check some internet sites for that 4 wheeler a freind of mine has one of those and its got alot of weird features on it, hes had a hell of a time with his.

Back