Need some ideas on where I can find a NV4500...5spd swap in the dually.

dieselfuelonly

Hey ya'll, thought some of you might be able to give me some ideas on where I might be able to find a NV4500 5spd. transmission. I want to swap one in my truck. As much as I like my automatic I've always wanted a 5spd in my truck since the day I bought it. I should have done the swap instead of getting the auto rebuilt with the Goerend stuff... but hindsight is always 20/20.

The DTR guys haven't been much of a help in terms of finding the parts I need locally, which is understandable since its spread out all over the world.

So I figured that since this is more of a "local" forum I might have a little more luck.

Anyway, I mainly need a NV4500 out of a 2WD Dodge diesel. Its OK if the clutch is bad because I'll probably do a Valair Stock Organic replacement clutch, maybe the performance one, depending on how much money I've got left over. If it has the 5th gear nut fixed, thats even better.

I've got a list of all the other stuff (bellhousing, master/slave, clutch fork, etc ETC ETC ETC... :kaioken:) that I'm gonna need...

I'm not 100% decided on the swap but probably about 90% right now. Autos great, but I'm not into going fast with that truck, and for what I do with a 5spd will be better... not to mention you gotta love rowing gears with a Cummins :).

ANYWAY... sorry for yet another super long post (I think this is only #2 for me :)),

If you know anyone that might be interested into buying a rebuilt trans with 10k miles on it, with a Goerend low stall single disk TC and a high pressure valve body, let me know. Phil McMaster (goes by McMopar on DTR) did all the work. Pretty sure its the 47RE, but 96 was the transition year, so there is a *slight* possibility it might be an RH.

Anyway, thanks for any ideas on where I might be able to find that 5spd!

Dennis

If you know anyone that might be interested into buying a rebuilt trans with 10k miles on it, with a Goerend low stall single disk TC and a high pressure valve body, let me know. Phil McMaster (goes by McMopar on DTR) did all the work. Pretty sure its the 47RE, but 96 was the transition year, so there is a *slight* possibility it might be an RH.

PM me your price... I'll find out from Phil exactly what you have :D

Back