Need to find chain-link screening fabric - where to get?

thecarman

Does anyone on here install fencing for a living?

I need to put fence around some property I own, and it either needs to be wooded privacy fence, or chain link with that fabric on it that you can't see through. I need to "screen my vehicles from view from a public road".

I don't know where to buy the fabric locally. From what I have seen on the web, the chain link plus the fabric would cost more than a wooden privacy fence, but that doesn't seem right.

Anyone have a good source for the materials? Advice on different types of fabric to use?

I have no trouble installing myself, have tractor and post-hole digger, and have done several "normal" chain link fences before.

I have a truck and trailer, so could go buy the materials anywhere between Winston and Garner, maybe farther depending on price difference. I'll end up needing about 500 feet of fence, with another 500 optional if I want to add it for security reasons.

if they'll allow it, I think the chain-link insert slats will look better longer than the fabric stuff.

Wood fence will last about 5-7 years before it looks like crap. Chain link will last 40. Do the math.

They will allow the slats, so I might do that if that's the way to go.

What type of material for the slats - are they vinyl, or painted aluminum?

Best to buy the fence with slats already in it, or put them in myself?

A county guy was telling me that the fabric was lasting longer than the slats, but that didn't make sense to me.

Back