Need winch wiring help

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
I have a Warn m10000 I am trying to help a friend wire up. I have a friend who has sent me pics and, talked me through where all the cables connect to. But, his winch, same model number, does not have the wires in the pic I am posting. I have searched and searched through many pics and wiring diagrams and none of them have or show these two wires. Anyone know?

1638724409917.png

thanks in advance

View attachment 362804
It looks like there should be a plug or something coming out of the solenoid box that ties into that TPD plug. The diagram above is for a large frame Warn 3 wire winch if that helps.
I don't totally understand the lower schematic, mainly, the top part of that schematic, care to talk it to me in dumb terms?

One green wire goes to the remote and one goes to the solenoid in the top drawing.

One green wire goes to the remote and one goes to the solenoid in the top drawing.
to the solenoid which wire? If to the green, then would be the same as to the solenoid. I din't say, but this is a 3 wire remote, not a 5 five wire.

1638797232344.png

I highlighted the green wires in the diagram and tried to show how they indeed mate to a 3 wire remote..

Hope it works out, let us know.

Thanks to @getstucksome for posting the diagram.

Edit : Wiring the thermal switch only on the "IN" command seems weird. I wonder why Warn did it this way. My brain would have put it inline with the remote feed (white wire) but they must have a good reason.

Hope it works out, let us know.

Thanks to @getstucksome for posting the diagram.

Edit : Wiring the thermal switch only on the "IN" command seems weird. I wonder why Warn did it this way. My brain would have put it inline with the remote feed (white wire) but they must have a good reason.
One would assume they are more worried about thermal overload when pulling in (most electrical load causing a heat issue) ??? But I’m no electrician or enjunear

Makes sense, but once the motor is overheating, wouldn't you want to stop all operations ?

Back