New cooler trick for me at least

Willc

My wife orders meals over the internet when I am gone . They come with four of these giant gelpacks.
I thought that may work well instead of ice . It is two and half days and still frozen. The cooler is a Coleman steel belt from the late 70s. I can't imagine how good it would be in a roto mold.
IMG_20191107_135141799.jpg
IMG_20191107_135135412.jpg

Ask around, anyone who receives meds that have to be refrigerated, via mail, will have some of these, as well as some small Styrofoam coolers(maybe big enough for a 6 pack)

Is there a cheap place to pick some of these up?

With the meal recipe delivery services, lots of folks are getting these every week. If you're around Fayetteville, let me know. I get about three cooler packs a week in the boxes. I can save them up for a month and do a link up with a box of them for you.

I scored a fridge freezer from gander for half off. Hopefully wet sandwiches are a thing of the past.

I bought a Dometic CF-35 back in 2015, never going back to an ice cooler. Less room inside the same size cooler but no loss of space for ice, nothing gets wet, awesome. For a regular cooler I keep cheap bottled water in the deep freezer and use those instead of ice. They get condensation on them but never bust and you can drink them later if you need to. Dry ice is also nice and if you do not open the cooler much (like 2-3 times a day) it can go nearly a week if everything was frozen to start with. Went to AZ and did the north rim for a week back in 2016 and between my buddy's Ozark rotomold cooler with everything pre-frozen and dry ice and my fridge freezer doing the beverage cooling duties we were set for with no ice for six days.

If you bring bottled water with you, put them all in the freezer about 3 days before you leave. They'll stay froze all weekend and don't take up any extra room.

Back