New dually - Ford vs Chevy/GMC

But they have one in transit so who knows. My case is when I get my CDL, I’ll be driving a bit more hauling materials and saving of shipping. Probably lots of hauls to GA where we get timber guardrail. I can spend two days, hotel and golf round and still be cheaper than the line item for freight. lol.
I’d be interested in miles and what the quote was for? Flat? Van?

I’d be interested in miles and what the quote was for? Flat? Van?
Depends on the load but I think the lowest is 800. More material and it’s 2000. All on hot shots and I’m sure the company profits on the hot shot line item.

I’ve done the drive in a long day non stop in my 3500 single axle Duramax. This type of trip is really more for me to get away than a business move on their part. But I can justify it on a bigger load. I’d go down and back to Knoxville and spend the night. Play a round and the. Home early.

Best part of that is to plan it when one of kids has a teacher workday and gain a sidekick.

For reference sake. I'm going through a broker for 2 loads tomorrow. Each one 21k weight. Both from my Fletcher yard. One to Apex NC and one to Suwannee GA. Each one $1000 on flatbeds.
Flatbeds start at $3/mile. Or $500 - $600 per day. You add tarps or anything special and it goes up quick. Sometimes that premium fee is to get it done in the time frame too. So many variables including getting on the right truck so it doesn’t end up somewhere other than planned.

I'm a die hard Ford man but I've also owned a few Generic Motors trucks over the years. The F450 will out turn the F350 all day due to the wide front track but as a daily driver that's where the advantages end. My current daily is a '22 F350 DRW 6.7L XLT Lariat and before that was a '15 model same trim. The '22 ride is noticeably better than previous years and while it's a "truck" ride quality it's not bad. The fit and finish on the interior is excellent and better than same trim Chevy. I skipped the Platinum in favor of the XLT Lariat, same options but without the shiny crap that drives up the price. The 6.7L has power for days and towing heavy loads is a pleasure. The CP4 pump is still a concern on the Fords but they are CP4 disaster prevention kits available. The pump went out on my '15 @180k miles and luckily, I got out cheap by replacing the pump and flushing the injectors. Having towed with a DRW for so many years I would never go back to a SRW. SRW guys that have not towed with a DRW don't know what they don't know :laughing:

Headed out next Wednesday to test drive. I double checked earlier and the High Country must have sold. Sever F350 lariots with the HO6.7 available so that’s probably what I’ll end up with.

FYI, I got to looking at the cp4 disaster prevention kits and there is a replacement pump for the 6.7 called the DCR.

FYI, I got to looking at the cp4 disaster prevention kits and there is a replacement pump for the 6.7 called the DCR.

See: my post, several replies earlier :lol:

The testing they did on those things was wild!

See: my post, several replies earlier :lol:

The testing they did on those things was wild!
Reading comprehension stinks. If I end up with a new 6.7 it’s getting swapped as soon as I finish swapping the older 6.7s in the fleet.

Can't say that I blame you! It'd be cheaper in the long run and minimize future downtime. 💁‍♂️

While cost is not necessarily my problem, I want to help the company as much as possible. For me it’s the down time and having to move to another vehicle that really twists the blade in me.

I will DCR swap asap if I end up with the Ford which seems more and more likely. That Lariat package on the DRW 350s is nicer than anything I’ve ever driven.

If I'm not mistaken (or they haven't changed it) you can get every option in an XLT as you can a Lariat, except leather seats. Guess it all depends on what they have on the lot.

If I'm not mistaken (or they haven't changed it) you can get every option in an XLT as you can a Lariat, except leather seats. Guess it all depends on what they have on the lot.
I dont think everyone of the options. Memory seats could not come on an xlt if memory serves me correct.

I dont think everyone of the options. Memory seats could not come on an xlt if memory serves me correct.

1727370255668.png

TLDR?

There's a lot of things included on the Lariat that are not included on the XLT. But depending on what's important to you, it doesn't matter.

Back