new guy

bigd27560

i am pretty new to trail riding, and i am trying to get into the sport, but what do you guys suggest as like a first mod or upgrade for my 96 ford explorer xlt?

and i am only 16, so i will probley be kicked to the curb

place

also if anyone knows of a good place to get my explorer modified in the hickory, gastoina, or charlotte area kinda, i live way north of charlotte, pm me or post on here

Cperry said:

That's constructive.

Just throw some mud tires on it first and later maybe a cheap mild lift so it doesnt break the bank. I ran that for a few years on my jeep in high school and loved it.

bigd27560 said:
what do you guys suggest as like a first mod or upgrade for my 96 ford explorer xlt?

If you really want to get into off-roading, I'd suggest some seat time riding shotgun with some folks with experience and a modified rig that know what they're doing...and I don't mean that guy at school with the lifted TJ who has no fear (or common sense)

Once you're off on the trails in a capable rig and a capable driver, you'll see just how much your need to do to your vehicle. Actually, it'll depress the hell out of you once you realize you're gonna have to get a (insert name of rig you find yourself in need of) and do thousands and thousands of dollars worth of mods to make it able to do what you want :shaking:

OR...you can just keep riding shotgun and reap the benefits of someone ELSES blood sweat and beers :D

You really need to set a budget... Let us know what you can afford to spend on your rig and we can guide you from there... A good cheap set of mud tires would be Dunlop Mud Rovers... but the sidewall ply leaves a little to be desired, but i gave the set i had some hell trough some sharp shit and they never failed

budget

right now i have like no money, but i have convinced my parents to help me out, i need 4 new tires currently, and i am looking to spend about 200-300 on 4 new tires, but that is only for now.

bigd27560 said:
right now i have like no money, but i have convinced my parents to help me out, i need 4 new tires currently, and i am looking to spend about 200-300 on 4 new tires, but that is only for now.

what size tire do you want/need?

Greg

yeah depending on size... but i tell ya what, your not going to get much tire for that price... used at best

Back