New here! Questions abot Hurricane Creek Trail near Asheville

4theFun

Hi everyone! My husband and I are brand new to the 4X4 experience. We've just purchased a 2017 stock SR5 4WD with street tires and are wondering about Hurricane Creek Trail near Asheville. We've watched several videos and it doesn't seem too extreme...a nice calm trail to start on. My question is about the tires. Will street tires be ok on this trail, mainly on the water crossing?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

You should be fine, but I'd keep an eye on the weather and go when it's dry for your first time out. Also, try not to go alone.

Better do it soon, word on the street is it will be getting shut down soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been a couple years since I was there, but I wondered if it was a County Rd., being that it was open. Now, there are 2-3 houses/cabins, on the road/trail, & Seemed They would want it Private. Then where my group entered off I-40, was Definitely Dangerous, & probably Not a legal entrance/exit!

Been a couple years since I was there, but I wondered if it was a County Rd., being that it was open. Now, there are 2-3 houses/cabins, on the road/trail, & Seemed They would want it Private. Then where my group entered off I-40, was Definitely Dangerous, & probably Not a legal entrance/exit!

It’s one of two illegal entrance/exits on to an interstate in NC its a forest service road, is the only reason is hasn’t been shut down yet. But so logging is suppose to start this or next year and that will get some funding for tying it into another trail. But they will gate it because they don’t want to have it destroyed like hurricane is now. This is all coming from the land owner in our club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back