New member!

Macdaddy4738

Hey guys, recently found this forum by way of a link to the thread concerning the Air Conditioning mod!

Anyways i live in NC and never knew there was a forum like this.

Im in the Hickory Granite falls area and have been intrested in buying a truck for a while but i cannot find reliable information on what make, year, prices, and mods to do/look for....

i was hoping someone could help a guy out! I currently drive a Chrystler Sebring convertible and i hate not being able to take it anywhere where theres a .0001 incline! (front bumper scrapes on EVERYTHING)...

anyways any help would be appreciated!

by the way...sorry for posting this in here...i didnt notice this was an off topic area and im only 17 so i cant post anywhere else..feel free to PM the info if thats allowed or IM me on Aol instant messenger at the same screen name i have here!

As far as what vehicle to get, well, you'll have to decide that, then we can all offer our .02 on anything you want to know. (Personally I'd get a Jeep. Lots of aftermarket support and spare parts are everywhere) ;)

J(Jeep biased)B :p

oh cmon give the kid a break he was trying to be nice and cautious about where he posted, ...we like that ppl read the rules and all...but we also want them to feel welcome right?

Get a toyota, they're way better! Who was it that said "Jeeps are for Barbie"? That's what "that Jeep thing" is. :lol: Seriously get what you want. There's an aftermarket for just about anything.

Welcome aboard! You said you would like a "TRUCK" so why not an Early Bronco? Mine 30 years old still kicking ass and taking names...

Attachments

• FLEXING3a.jpg
    FLEXING3a.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 282
Welcome. Mine's 38 yrs old and still rolling. You can't go wrong with anything that's got round headlights.

Well, if we are gonna argue which is better..... Get a dang Cherokee with a 4.0L
308,000+ miles and still going, you can't beat it!

What are you looking for in a truck? Each type has its pros and cons as well as the reliable and not-so-reliable.

Are you wanting a rock buggy that you will build up? Get a Jeep

Are you wanting something that you can haul large items in, like an ATV, or dirt bike? Get a Tacoma

Are you needing something with passenger area and the ability to tow something? Get an old 4Runner or Cherokee

Its a good idea to research boards like this one to find out what can be done to different trucks. That way you can already have a plan before you buy. There is a good cross section of different rigs here, so if you browse the contents of the board you might come up with some ideas.

One thing to keep in mind, Nissan has come a long way in aftermarket support and the new group of trucks look to be the performance winners. If only they looked better :( . You can find some very good used Xterras and Frontiers if you look hard enough. Sometimes it pays to break away from what everybody else is doing.

Back