NEw to Chapel Hill

portiadog

I just moved to Chapel Hill from Dallas, TX, and just wanted to say hello to y'all. I need to get settled in with the gf and dogs, but I hope to be out wheelin soon. :driver: I was/am a member of the Lone Star Jeep Club, and as far as I can tell, wheelers are some of the best people out there, so I'm excited to meet everyone.

Oh, If anyone could recommend a good shop in the area, specifically which sells Nth degree and/or Old Man Emu, I'd appreciate it.

Aron

Welcome to Chapel Thrill!

It won't take you long to figure out that we are short on shops and short on parts houses. I tend to use the Car Quest on Weaver street/Franklin street in Carrboro, the NAPA is around the corner. There is an Advance Auto up in Hillsboro with some friendly and occasionally helpful folks. Nothing in the way of off road merchandise...Gotta head towards Charlotte to see Andy at Carolina Rock Shop.

I have not found a shop in CH for doing lifts/skids/gears/etc. (mosly do my own rig beating). For gears and axle set up I head up the road to Danville VA and visit with Bill Carver at .44Magnum Off Road.

Again welcome.

There's also a little Carquest on 15/501, right around the corner from Eastgate shopping center.

Welcome to NC

Whatever you need....you can find it here!!! A-Z with lotsa BS in the middle

Seriously, whatever you lookin' for, somebody has it or knows where to get it or who/how to help you wid it!!!

Later,

BigJUGGY :driver:

Thanks everyone for the quick replies, I appreciate it. Carolina Rock Shop seems like a great place from their website, so I think I will have to head down there for my big projects. Right now I am wheeling an '03 Rubicon, Black, Auto, and ready for a lift. My first order of business was to armor her up. Might not look as cool as the dude on 33's, and maybe I drag everywhere I go, but I always drive home. This is what I've added:

Poison Spyder Tube Fenders
Poison Spyder Steering Box Skid
Poison Spyder Gas Tank Skid
Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid
Warn Front Diff Guard
CB
JKS Gen II Discos

I'd like to go for the Nth degree 4.5" LA kit soon, but I think the budget is going to keep me on an Old Man Emu 2.5", a 1" BL with a jeep medic belly up skid.

Hopefully in a week or two we will be more unpacked and I can get back to wheeling and will meet u all soon.

-Aron

another chapel hill person, i too live in chapel hill and there is a shop i get my work done called Gates Auto, is on the same lot as a UHAUL store right off of 54 just west of chapel hill

hi, I'm an idiot avoid me on the trail or street at all costs ;) :D . welcome to NC :beer:

ohyeah- make plans to party in your new hometown on halloween b/c they do it up every year. ;)

BIGWOODY said:
Sarcasm? or you really didn't know about Franklin st.?

I heard about it last year but never went. This reminded me of it. I might have to check it out.

crickit 4wd is ONLY jeep friendly.. you can forget taking a yota or anything else up there. they woudnt even order a lift for my tacoma. ill tell you the place to go..Galloways 4WD Center in New Londen. its about 1.5 hours from pittsboro. they have their own warehouse with lifts in stock for just about anything. they do a VERY good job. a friend of mine took his truck up there and he waited while they installed it and the owner let him drive his truck to the bass pro shops so he wouldn't have to sit around. all the other shops in the triangle suck. WE DO TRUCKS will charge the hell outta you. they wanted $700 in install a bodylift. those ppl are a joke..you cant believe anything they say. anyway i say just do youself a favor and go to galloways mabey one day someone will start a NICE shop and run it like galloways does their shop.

Back