New to me ATV

jeepinmatt

..l.
Finally got something to play around on. Its a 95 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4. 2 stroke 400cc fun machine. Anybody got anywhere good to ride around the greater Gaston/Lincoln metro area?

My wife just said, and I quote, "You sound like you are riding a chainsaw". If any of yall know how much I like chainsaws, you'll understand how happy that makes me, haha!

Gotta love those 2 strokes! Guys at work ride lake houser regularly. Its right across the river from the plant. Some trails big enough for jeeps and yotas. When we get finished with the jeep I'm gonna take it there..so I'll let you know. Just stay out of the creeks. We don't won't those tree huggers to close another spot down!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

i have the exact same forwheeler!! i love mine, and no payment makes it even better!! congrats man enjoy it!!!

scared to death!!!!!

HMT this wknd, if you think you can keep up, c'mon with it.
I been meaning to call you and see if you wanted to ride soon. Not sure if I can keep up. When yall heading up and coming home?

i have the exact same forwheeler!! i love mine, and no payment makes it even better!! congrats man enjoy it!!!

scared to death!!!!!
Any problems or things to look out for?

mine fouls plugs bad unless i run polaris gold VES two stroke oil?? I have tried BG, and a few others but PO told me that was all it would run good on and he was correct, check the oil in the front hubs, my were dry and 4WD would'nt work when i got it, I just youtubed it and then tore them apart and cleaned them up, put the correct amount of ATF in and they work great now. I can't think of any other issues except just keeping the radiator clean so it doesn't overheat, they really are great rides!!

mine fouls plugs bad unless i run polaris gold VES two stroke oil?? I have tried BG, and a few others but PO told me that was all it would run good on and he was correct, check the oil in the front hubs, my were dry and 4WD would'nt work when i got it, I just youtubed it and then tore them apart and cleaned them up, put the correct amount of ATF in and they work great now. I can't think of any other issues except just keeping the radiator clean so it doesn't overheat, they really are great rides!!
I just went through the hubs monday night because the 4wd wasn't working. Turns out the output sprocket was off of the motor, but the hubs were in great shape! Now I just gotta get the broken off bolt out of the output shaft...

When it fouls the plug, does it not start or just run bad? 95% of the time, mine runs great, but occasionally (especially when cold) it has zero power and can barely get off of idle.

it will smoke pretty bad at idle when the plug starts to go south, and then run pretty crappy, almost like it won't turn up good, it would'nt start once while we were turkey hunting and i swapped the plug out and it cranked up perfect, i have had good luck with NGK plugs

We're meeting up at the Bramwell trail head at 10am Friday morning. Staying in Princeton, we'll be in walking distance to good food cold :beer: and the fine establishment Southern Exposure :D Other than that we have no clue where we're going ;)

If you make it over towards Pinnacle Campground, I'll be where the tents are, white F250. If you make it to Hilltop Escape, I'll be just behind the diner at the big campfire.

Will do, we're planning on covering alot of ground so we may see you. If you see our motley crew flag us down. Two dirt bikes, a yellow Z, red grizzly and a bare bones razr.

Back