New Tow Rig and Trailer

cj5nutz

Hi guys , yes am still around . Just a note to say I bought a 2005 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Quadcab 4X4 Thunder Road and a 2005 Gooseneck Trailer 29 ft. with a pop up dovetail.. We also bought another jeep.. a 1992 Sahara to drive under the Cj5 .. Hope to see you all sometime soon . I am living most of the time in Highland Illinois now , but should be wheeling in a town near you soon...

I was going to post a couple but theres this little thing of.. You may not post attachments at the bottom of my screen. Maybe later I can get a site to host some pic.s on.. I can also email pic.s

DAAmn, been doing some shopping!

Great to hear from you too Dave ... I still have the pic. of Mossy on its side , can you still do that trick? hahaha I hope to make a trip to NC real soon , do you guys still have any type of meet and greet.. I still have my NC4X4 and Triad Banners on my windshield.. They have been to Cleveland and now to the St. Louis area. I have also joined a Jeep Club here .. Midwest Jeep Thing and joined the United 4 Wheel Drive Association. I am really enjoying wheeling the little Sahara . Its gonna need some lift and some lockers for sure , but not going as extreme as the big orange one .. If you guys have a get together still, I will try to plan my trip there for that weekend and will be driving my new tow rig and towing the trailer . Might even throw the orange one on there for the ride.

cj5nutz said:
I hope to make a trip to NC real soon , do you guys still have any type of meet and greet..
Funny you should mention this... of the 4- T4WDA floundering fathers:
Steve = sold Jeep... hasn't been heard from since
Mark = also sold Jeep... hasn't been heard from since
Gary = tried to sell Jeep... now into fad dejour... Mopeds:gay:
Sammy = still has Jeep but looking for an ATV
Outside of a few new folks & the guys left lingering (Gary R., Brent A., John D., Sam (slim), etc.) things haven't been the same. Bill C. was a huge driving force in the W-S "extension" and when he moved to VA back in the summer, it hasn't been the same. Been so busy lately, I haven't made the W-S M&G in moths.... OTOH, they've all fallen on holidays or times I've been out of town.
AFAIK, they are still on the 3rd Friday or Sunday (depending on season)... the Yahoogroups mailer has turned into a general OT list, since nobody actually wheels anymore, but a great place for "sweaty men in spandex" (football), "mopeds" (GD's latest touring MC fad), & online gaming:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm in the book, give me shout or PM before you head down, would be good to see you!

Good to hear from you Scott.

Sam(slim)

Hey Sam... Great to see you again.. Hey guys Galloways is having their thing again last Saturday in April...I am going to try my best to be there . If some of you could make it , that would be awesome. He has a new building and says it will be a blast this spring. Whats this turbocharged thing on your post Sam, that sounds a little dangerous on rocks , hahaha. Actually sounds like something to put in the mudd.

If I'm off work I will try to make it down. I'm now running a turbo charged 2.3L in the ranger. It does work it's best in mud and on hill climbs.

Sam(slim)

Scott, sounds like you are having some fun up there! And square headlights too! Yeah we haven't seen much in the way of m/gs this year, I think Bob and I were the only 2 in December and I couldn't make the one on Friday night.

T4WDA is around, but we come and we go... one of the guys was saying he was about to ship out to the big sandlot for a tour, etc. My YJ is up for sale...eyeballing a VW sandrail as a replacement/playing around town and then building a single seat mini buggy for the trails! (or an atv/rhino thingy as Dave mentioned)

Twas a decent wheeling year last year, did about 4 major trips or so for me...hoping to squeeze in at least 2-3 this year!

Another local group (Muddevils) found some land just outside of Thomasville, so when they issue a public invite there is a BUNCH of rigs going down there to play!

Sam

I have been wheeling since I was about 12 in my first 46 Willy's. I have had other interests over the years but have almost always had some sort of 4wd for when the mood hit. We are really in to the "Corvette scene" right now but are still finding time to get a little dirt on us as well. Since we got the 92 it has been more fun . My jeep is just too big to do most of the things I used to love to do. Obstacles that I can walk over with the CJ5 , I have to climb with the YJ . I don't know if you remember but we built a 8 ft long rail buggy and used the running gears out of a 400 EX 4 wheeler , mind you that its only 2wd and no reverse but OMG at the rush you get . I guess my point is ... You might want to rethink selling your jeep and just put it on the back burner for a while . I know its not a financial thing for you so let it sit ...haha My Cj has been sitting pretty much for 2 years now and we are just now getting back into it in a large way and I am sooo glad I kept it.. Might even put a lift kit in it now ...haha Plans are to get mine up and going full blast again , upgrade the rears as its always needed and wheel two jeeps for a while . Now of course the Corvette trips are going to be worked in as well. We probably are going to spend an insane amount of money on the YJ before its over and some might say , why not buy a Rubicon or something already done.. Welllllllllll those of you that know me know ... I have a torch and a welder and several saws etc... hahaha
Its great to see and hear from some of you again... Try to make Galloway's if you can and it can be an unofficial M&G . Hope to see you there !

Well, I am off to Line-X this morning to get the bed sprayed over the rails on the CTD Dodge. Always nervous about letting other people work on my toys, but seems I have no choice here..

OK , Back from Line-X and OMG what a job they did, It looks awesome .. It says below that I can not post attachments but I will email you a couple of pics

Hey Scott -
Long time.

You sure do pop up in the darnedest places.

Glad you are still around and still have the CJ.

Drop me a line some time.

Contact info in my SIG

If you make it down this way -
Coffee's always on.

WOW , Hi Bill, great to see you too,
Galloways on April 29 ,
try and make it if you can , would be awesome to see you !
I still have the shop you visited but nothing going on there since I am here.

some pics that cj5nutz sent me: (cute kids)

NCTrip2005(116).jpg

trailer001111.jpg

Trailer0071.jpg

NCTrip2005(117).jpg

Back