Newbie: Charlotte and Winston-Salem area

IBEnyaface

Just thought I would say Hi. My name is Enya and I am going to school in Charlotte and my hometown is in Yadkinville (close to Winston). I was told about the site by a friend from school and thought I would check it out. Very nice to see people from my own state. :)

Anyways to let you know what brings me here are my Jeeps. I have 3 Jeeps.

Currently I am working on a 1977 CJ7 with a 304 and 3speed transmission. Just bought 4.56 R&P to put in both front and rear axles. And last weekend I bought a detroit locker and one-piece axle shaft. It is slowly but surely coming together.

I also have a 1992 YJ 4banger, that I consider stock. And I drive a 1999 Grand Cherokee as a daily driver.

Hi Enya, good to see ya made it over here.

Whats up? I am from out in that direction, I just always say winston salem so people will have an idea where I am from. Not many know where Enon is.
Justin

I also have some questions about this sponsorship thing. How do I go about this? I like the idea, it would be nice to have someone with more knowledge than myself that could help me whenever help is needed. I read the rules and I am still a little clueless has to how I am suppose to go about aquiring a sponsor. Am I suppose to meet them in person, which I could do, or is it purely Internet based? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject, any information would be apperciated. Thanks!

IBEnyaface said:
I also have some questions about this sponsorship thing. How do I go about this? I like the idea, it would be nice to have someone with more knowledge than myself that could help me whenever help is needed. I read the rules and I am still a little clueless has to how I am suppose to go about aquiring a sponsor. Am I suppose to meet them in person, which I could do, or is it purely Internet based? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject, any information would be apperciated. Thanks!

Find someone you would like to have sponsor you, and let them decide how THEY want to do it. We're looking for someone that'll take you aside and let you know when you're screwing up. HOW you guys work that out is up to you.

Personally, I'm only gonna sponsor someone that lives near me, and that I can talk to easily in person. Other people will do it their own way.

Jason

hobie said:
Find someone you would like to have sponsor you, and let them decide how THEY want to do it. We're looking for someone that'll take you aside and let you know when you're screwing up. HOW you guys work that out is up to you.

Personally, I'm only gonna sponsor someone that lives near me, and that I can talk to easily in person. Other people will do it their own way.

Jason

I would rather have someone nearby as well. Thanks for the info. Guess I should start trying to get to know people.

And got4-lo, you should see my CJ and I out on the trails. Hopefully it will be ready for some wheeling soon. I shouldn't be too hard spot, if ya know what your looking for.

Back