NFL and other sports

American football and NASCAR are the two sports that make Americans the laughing stock across the world. Low and behold, the two most ignorant sports in the world.
That sort of thing matters to me and I'm not even sure why.

Can't speak to NASCAR...but if that were the case with football, there wouldn't be a push to fulfill the demand in other countries...ie American teams going to those countries, or emerging leagues within those countries, etc etc. Ever heard of the International Federation of American Football??? 71 countries have, and it's endorsed by the Olympic committee. I get you have a stance, but at least try to back it up with factual information.

International Federation of American Football (IFAF)

Can't speak to NASCAR...but if that were the case with football, there wouldn't be a push to fulfill the demand in other countries...ie American teams going to those countries, or emerging leagues within those countries, etc etc. Ever heard of the International Federation of American Football??? 71 countries have, and it's endorsed by the Olympic committee. I get you have a stance, but at least try to back it up with factual information.

International Federation of American Football (IFAF)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I laugh in your face.

Wait, I'll do it again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Eventually you'll learn to never look my way again.

Because fuck your opinion.

If I spend $30 and 3 hours at a high school game on friday night I dont really see how its such a waste. Were fortunate that we have some of the best programs in the region so there is going to be a good game within 30 minutes of my house every friday. A young man my wife and have mentored since he was 11 got a full ride to sc state. If it werent for football he would be stuck in lancaster and probably be dead by now. He had 4 classmates murdered in the last year and 6 classmates in jail for varying levels of involvement in said murders. Football is a great way to build character. And you can say what you will about not standing for the flag but that flag gives them the right to do what they think is right. If a couple guys named george, thomas , and ben stood for the crown we wouldnt have a flag.

If I spend $30 and 3 hours at a high school game on friday night I dont really see how its such a waste. Were fortunate that we have some of the best programs in the region so there is going to be a good game within 30 minutes of my house every friday. A young man my wife and have mentored since he was 11 got a full ride to sc state. If it werent for football he would be stuck in lancaster and probably be dead by now. He had 4 classmates murdered in the last year and 6 classmates in jail for varying levels of involvement in said murders. Football is a great way to build character. And you can say what you will about not standing for the flag but that flag gives them the right to do what they think is right. If a couple guys named george, thomas , and ben stood for the crown we wouldnt have a flag.

1) I'll never blame the player for capitalizing on opportunity, that's the game of life.
2) I can understand being a fan at that level, supporting the local school and players...raised by a village, right???

1) I'll never blame the player for capitalizing on opportunity, that's the game of life.
2) I can understand being a fan at that level, supporting the local school and players...raised by a village, right???
Absolutely right
20170128_132734.jpg

And why are the athletic complex so grand but you can't keep the AC working in the science lab? By selling merchandise to fans and selling tickets and rights for games etc.

That money all comes from the athletic boosters, which comes mostly from alumni donations directly to the boosters to buy eligibility for season tickets, bowl games, the seats and parking passes themselves, etc. It's all separate from academic funds, and the two can't be mixed.

About the only "ball sports" I'll watch in full is an App St. football game. We didn't buy season tickets this year due to my work schedule so luckily its on one of the ESPN's just about every week this year and I can watch on the road through apps and whatnot.

NBCSN ramped up its coverage of the GNCC's and KOH stuff so those are set to DVR when they come on. Same with Supercross, Monster Cup and the outdoor Nationals. And I'll watch when I'm winding down the day usually. They also cover a lot of the FIS World Cup ski racing once it gets going which is awesome to watch. Those are some incredible athletes.

Football is about the only sport I watch with any regularity. My wife is a dyed-in-the-wool Steelers fan so our Sunday afternoons consist of watching them and whatever other NFL games are on, and we watch college football on Saturdays if there's a good game. It's entertainment for me...I don't lose any sleep if my team doesn't win, and I'm most certainly not looking to any of these guys on what life choices I should be making or what political views I should hold. There's lots of positive people in sports that silently do a great deal of charitable things outside of the spotlight. I know one things for sure....had I been given the talent that these guys have, you bet I'd get paid as much as I could for as long as I could....

I take not watching sports to the next level.... I don't watch TV either.
You and I both sir. I go as far as deleting the NFL app from every phone I own. Its been 4 years since I've owned or watched a television.
I do it for what may be considered the wrong reasons, but, I refuse to willfully put money or power into the wrong hands. Anytime we glorify a sport or way of life for the scumbags, we give them power to dominate us. Natural selection does not exist anymore, unfortunately. For certain scum, the only reason they still survive is because we idolize them, and in turn, fund their existence.

Disclaimer: If anything stated can be translated into rascism, it is you, not I, that put that into words. And if you did, we are already of a parallel understanding, aren't we?
No, I am not exactly rascist, but nor am I blind either.

You and I both sir. I go as far as deleting the NFL app from every phone I own. Its been 4 years since I've owned or watched a television.
I do it for what may be considered the wrong reasons, but, I refuse to willfully put money or power into the wrong hands. Anytime we glorify a sport or way of life for the scumbags, we give them power to dominate us. Natural selection does not exist anymore, unfortunately. For certain scum, the only reason they still survive is because we idolize them, and in turn, fund their existence.

Disclaimer: If anything stated can be translated into rascism, it is you, not I, that put that into words. And if you did, we are already of a parallel understanding, aren't we?
No, I am not exactly rascist, but nor am I blind either.
How do you do that I have tried a million times to delete that damn app

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

How do you do that I have tried a million times to delete that damn app

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Settings ~ applications ~ force closed or either disable.
There will be a warning box pop up saying something to the effect of: "disabling this factory installed app may cause other apps to malfunction". I've done it on the last three phones with no ill results.

Settings ~ applications ~ force closed or either disable.
There will be a warning box pop up saying something to the effect of: "disabling this factory installed app may cause other apps to malfunction". I've done it on the last three phones with no ill results.
Disable, yes. Uninstall, no. :fuck-you: Verizon. Along with 100 other pieces of bloatware that slow down my phone and take up memory.

I made the mistake one time of disabling about 40 or so apps and disnt realize how linked together everything is. Talk about a wreck.

I say again. F@&k the NFL. I was thinking about caving and watching the panthers lose. Not now. I'm officially done. I'll never watch another game until they get this shit under control. It fires me up!!! Wooo, gotta slow down, blood pressure is rising as I type. Anyway, f@&k em!

I hate pro sports, but I watch them. It sucks for them to make so much money and so many would have to spend several days pay to get decent seats to watch somewhere. That being said, let's be a devils advocate. How many of all of us, stand up in the living room while watching a sport, or whatever, and put our hand over our heart while the anthem is on? Honestly, I've never seen it. All the super bowl party's or anything, most don't even pay attention. Hell, i'd be willing to bet most sit on the couch with their cheetos and beer. That's what gets me, it's just because they are in the spot light. It's no different than you sitting on the couch and not standing for the anthem. And the media does make it worse, for sure.

I would never disrespect our flag, or what it stands for. If I was on the field, I would stand and do what I was supposed to do. But, that is what our flag stands for. The right to stand up for what you believe, no matter what it is. That's America

I hate pro sports, but I watch them. It sucks for them to make so much money and so many would have to spend several days pay to get decent seats to watch somewhere. That being said, let's be a devils advocate. How many of all of us, stand up in the living room while watching a sport, or whatever, and put our hand over our heart while the anthem is on? Honestly, I've never seen it. All the super bowl party's or anything, most don't even pay attention. Hell, i'd be willing to bet most sit on the couch with their cheetos and beer. That's what gets me, it's just because they are in the spot light. It's no different than you sitting on the couch and not standing for the anthem. And the media does make it worse, for sure.

I would never disrespect our flag, or what it stands for. If I was on the field, I would stand and do what I was supposed to do. But, that is what our flag stands for. The right to stand up for what you believe, no matter what it is. That's America

I do. Every time I hear it. I've been at the gym a number of times & have stopped to stand and pay respect. Wherever I am, whenever i hear it - must pay respect

Been in the Boy Scout program for 43 years now (7 as a youth, 36 as an adult leader.......yes I'm a little older than most of you but still a kid at heart). One of my mentor leaders as a youth, then he became one of my dear friends as an adult, served for 4 years in the Coast Guard and was probably 30 years older than me. Mr. Satterwhite was his name. At any flag ceremony, if anyone (boy, leader or parent) did something other than salute or hand over heart during the raising or lowering of the flag, either the individual would get an earful or the whole group. No talking, no looking away, no slouching salute, no doing anything until the ceremony was over. Mr. Satterwhite taught me and hundreds of others just what the flag meant from top to bottom, what the colors meant, the history of it, the times and how to display it and what it meant to him. To say the least, he was passionate about our country's flag and those in the military. We still teach respect for the flag now in our troop and most troops do. I miss Mr. Satterwhite and his inspiration. He has probably rolled over in his grave many times in the last few years.

For more personal reasons, it irks me to see anyone else not properly honoring the flag. My 2 year younger brother gave his life for it in 1991 Desert Storm as a crew chief on a Blackhawk. His Nightstalker unit (160th Special Ops Aviation Regiment out of Fort Campbell) was returning to base after picking up 3 injured Marines when they hit the ground in a desert of fog. The Nightstalkers always fly low and slow and do many top secret missions. They are the ones who delivered the Marines to kill Osama Bin Laden.....no one mentioned them and they probably are fine with that. They are also the ones in the movie and true story "Black Hawk Down". It goes without saying, a lot of respect needs to go to our military folks.

Bottom line, screw the NFL and any other high paid entertainer who thinks they have some authoritative opinion. Done with my 3 cents........

-Points to link in signature-

It's the progressive/liberalism disease that has seeped into everything and ruins everything it touches.

Kind of like the Midas Touch, except instead of turning everything it touches to gold - the Liberal Touch turns everything into shit.

Back