Nissan Titan 5.0 Cummins

So far truck rides better than expected and has a great sound system. So far the only thing I wish it had was auto sensing high beams. But for all I know I haven't figured out how to use them. The camper shell is nice. Has everything you can add onto it. And the bed is carpeted but is velcroed in so comes out fast.

Attachments

• 20240107_125846.jpg
    20240107_125846.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 63
So far truck rides better than expected and has a great sound system. So far the only thing I wish it had was auto sensing high beams. But for all I know I haven't figured out how to use them. The camper shell is nice. Has everything you can add onto it. And the bed is carpeted but is velcroed in so comes out fast.
That’s a good looking truck

Looks damn nice! My .02 is auto sensing headlights are absolute garbage in anything I’ve ever driven that was equipped with them. YMMV.
The auto sensing headlights in my Tesla are pretty darn good. The anti-crash sensors on the auto pilot is another story though. :poop:

Nice looking truck. I’m looking forward to the longer-term review.

Not to derail but the auto headlights I’ve used waited to long to dim and then would dim off of reflections from all sorts of crap they shouldn’t like road signs and miscellaneous side of the road stuff. Guess I just like to control my high beams like I enjoy controlling my vehicle in all its aspects. Hell, I hardly even use cruise cause I like to be in control of the metal missile I’m in charge of.

I can’t even stand auto headlights, let alone auto dimming.

I’d like to hear an update on the truck after some seat time. A guy I see in passing at my son’s after school care says his diesel mileage is terrible. Granted his is lifted on 30 somethings and it always has a landscaping trailer behind it. Good looking truck though. Hope it’s reliable for you.

I can’t even stand auto headlights, let alone auto dimming.

I’d like to hear an update on the truck after some seat time. A guy I see in passing at my son’s after school care says his diesel mileage is terrible. Granted his is lifted on 30 somethings and it always has a landscaping trailer behind it. Good looking truck though. Hope it’s reliable for you.
On the 300 mile drive home the computer said I was getting 19mpg. I filled it up today and going to hand check the mileage on a tank. It should be a mix of interstate and forest service roads.

Should be driving it a good bit in the next three weeks and then in February pulling the camper several times couple hundred miles each time.

Not to derail but the auto headlights I’ve used waited to long to dim and then would dim off of reflections from all sorts of crap they shouldn’t like road signs and miscellaneous side of the road stuff. Guess I just like to control my high beams like I enjoy controlling my vehicle in all its aspects. Hell, I hardly even use cruise cause I like to be in control of the metal missile I’m in charge of.
100% all of this. I swear we are related.

In the general scheme of human traits…
1704745222982.png

IMG_1887.jpeg

Last edited:

Attachments

• 8bowc2.jpg
    8bowc2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 68
Back