NP-200 Tcase

They don't bolt to anything but a cross member.

Toyota case and small lift.

Anything will work with enough $$$$$ and adapters. Straight axled? How much lift?

Yeah straight axle, huge lift bout 24". With the front driveshaft hanging freely its roughly 12" above where the shaft would connect to the 3rd member. Plan on running tons or rockwells first of the year, just need my 4wd back for winter time.

If you are going to be doing rocks, leave it alone and pick up a beater 4wd for winter. With rocks you won't need all that drop.

Because it will save you length in the driveline. If you keep your 4wd and t case then add a short shaft for the 200 the rear drive shaft is way short, think 12" or so and will still have a steep angle. So going to 2wd trans will shorten the overall length plus you won't have the toy front output in your way of the 200 output.

He's talking about the transfer case shaft, which is explained in the pdf file on the link. Any transfer case you use and clock down may cause you some problems with leakage. Front output seals were never made to rest or work under the fluid fill line.

An NP200 is a divorce mounted case and would take quite a bit of work to get it under your truck and functional. It also weighs about 140 lbs because it's cast iron and gear driven...then you'll need to get shift linkage hooked up to get it to work as well as a crossmember to mount it to. You'd also need to swap to a 2wd transmission and this whole ordeal would require three driveshafts.

It'd be easier to have a front driveshaft built with an extremely high angle CV joint at the transfer case end. It's not going to be cheap either, but it'll be way easier and probably still cheaper than swapping in an NP200.

I'd disregard almost everything related to fabrication in that link you posted as well. I saw sooooo much fail in that build that it made my brain hurt. It was basically a rolling metal death trap.

In this situation, a SBC/700r4/208 or 205 swap would be just as cheap and easy as anything else. Pull a complete running drive train from a full size Chevy because you can buy a decent combo for around $1k or less. Since its a mud toy on soon to be Rockwell's it's only fitting. Just a thought.

Back