NV 140 Disassembly question ........ HELP

thexjfiles

Hey guys,
Im trying to separate the halves of an NV140 transfer case. There are about 18 bolts holding it together, and they are all out. There are no slots for a screwdriver to help split the cases. I have the rear output flange off also.
There are 3 places where you can hit and so far no bueno. I have a porta power and am trying to separate them, but am having no luck.....What am I missing here?
Ive rebuilt about 15 TCs and have never had such a miserable time trying to get them apart.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dennis

Thanks guys, but I just got it tonight. There are no snap rings externally to remove. There are three areas to allow an area to pry apart. I used a hydraulic Enerpac in one, and a small bolt in the other two with a nut on the threads. I then unscrewed the nuts witch put pressure on the two halves and she popped apart. There are two alignment dowels, just like every other case which were in place that prevent it from coming apart easily without using equal pressure in all the slots.

Thanks guys, but I just got it tonight. There are no snap rings externally to remove. There are three areas to allow an area to pry apart. I used a hydraulic Enerpac in one, and a small bolt in the other two with a nut on the threads. I then unscrewed the nuts witch put pressure on the two halves and she popped apart. There are two alignment dowels, just like every other case which were in place that prevent it from coming apart easily without using equal pressure in all the slots.
Well played.

Back