OBS Powerstrokes

redneckjeep87

Landscaper Extroidanaire
Ive done a little looking around and havnt seen any OBS Stroke threads. So here it is.

Lets so those OBS', whether its stock, lifted, lowered whatever.

Heres my 96 F250 xl 4x4, auto, diy intake, fpr shim, 6pos ts chip, mbrp downpipe to 3.5" straight to 5" diy tip, 285/75/16E BFG KM2's on ultra wheels, frieghtliner led cab lights, hornblasters dixie horn setup, dual tone marine airhorn setup, 3000k hid headlights, 7" hid offroad lights, rancho shocks, auxillary reverse lights, lockright for the rear (yet to be installed), some minor body damage and the list goes on....close to 300,000miles and still runnin strong!

This truck originally was bout off the forum by Bret (marvilusone) and i bought it from him about a year ago.
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_1314373910.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_1314311535.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_1314373829.jpg

I'll play - here's my '94 F350 Turbo Diesel. Only upgrades are an open air intake, 3 inch downpipe, diy fuel system upgrade (got rid of factory fuel bowl), and straight pipe exhaust. Looking to upgrade to stage 1 injectors and a chip in the future. Getting ready to turn 310,000. Most of those miles are pulling IH iron, like the one on the trailer, around the east coast and a couple trips to the Midwest. Been a good one, but starting to pop up some problems - love the OBS Fords!
ai24.photobucket.com_albums_c49_jpscout_Trailstar_Bye_Bye.jpg

Where is Frankenyoter on this he has a nice crew cab obs powerstroke, and I'm hoping to be getting a 91 rclb F350 7.3 idi soon.

Nice truck jpscout....i would love.to check out your fuel setup sometime. Im lookin at getting my hands on a sd hpop to support up and coming injectors. What kind of bumper is that on the front of your stroke??

Heres mine 97 F350, 7.3 liter, 305/70-16 Toyo Open Countrys, Moto metal wheels, TS Performance 6 position chip, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, 3" down pipe into 4" straight piped, Complete Air Dog Fuel system with Fuel Lab Regulator, Gauges are next on the list
ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy180_dmooreracin_dd0dd9c0_8303_4412_bae1_8ac7a1943033.jpg

I've always liked those trucks. I wouldn't mind having a SWB F250 crew cab... but I dunno WTF I'd do with it.

I sold my '97 F-250HD & miss it damn near everyday.....good looking truck guys!

1997 250HD 7.3 Powerstroke

This is my dd, tow rig, and baby hauler.

Unknown mileage (odometer doesn't work), short bed crew cab srw, rubber floors and cloth seats, split bench seat up front, 5sp with a 400hp clutch, TS 6 position chip, A pillar gauge cluster, K&N filter (I know I know, but it was on there and will be replaced soon), electric brake controller, goose neck, big ass custom front bumper fabbed by PO that has a big ole International badge on it, full length custom running boards with boot scrapper.

On the wish list is a bigger turbo, better intake, and a 4" back exhaust. Probably never happen but a man needs to have a dream right?

This is the only pic I have on file but will get a few better ones later.

Attachments

• 2011-09-07_07-53-04_739.jpg
    2011-09-07_07-53-04_739.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,169
^^ frankenyoter when you are ready to get rid of that bumper i will gladly buy it off you, that thing is beast! ( please please please lol). On those ts 6pos do you have cutom tunes or just the regular "factory" ones they come with? Id be glad to do a writeup on the diy bfaf (biy f*#king air filter) mod for you, instead of spending all that money on an aftermarket. They flow great and uae a paper filter which is MUCH better for our trucks on filtration. They also make prefilters somewhere, i would have to search for them tho if your interested.

? Id be glad to do a writeup on the diy bfaf (biy f*#king air filter) mod for you, instead of spending all that money on an aftermarket. They flow great and uae a paper filter which is MUCH better for our trucks on filtration. They also make prefilters somewhere, i would have to search for them tho if your interested.

Please do. I will work on it this weekend!!!

Oh, and I don't think I will be getting rid of the bumper anytime soon!!!

^^ frankenyoter when you are ready to get rid of that bumper i will gladly buy it off you, that thing is beast! ( please please please lol). On those ts 6pos do you have cutom tunes or just the regular "factory" ones they come with? Id be glad to do a writeup on the diy bfaf (biy f*#king air filter) mod for you, instead of spending all that money on an aftermarket. They flow great and uae a paper filter which is MUCH better for our trucks on filtration. They also make prefilters somewhere, i would have to search for them tho if your interested.
TS has multiple options to choose from on the 6pos chips to suit your own, my brother has had a couple of these in his various 7.3s. And Outerwear makes a prefilter specifically for the BHAF.

^^yea i know ts has quite a few options but you can get these multi position chips flashed by other companies like swamps etc cutom tuned for what youve got on your truck. And they make a huge difference compared to the generic tunes on the stock ts chips. By no means am i knocking ts' tunes bc they really woke my truck up, cant imagine driving or especially towing stock anymore **shudder**....gives me chills thinkin about it lol.

Just for discussions sake, what would be the benefit of a custom tune? I admit I don't know much about how the tune changes things under the hood. I assume that it just gives more fuel and air or does it alter timing and such as well. To the best of my knowledge I have the stock tune of 0-high idle-50-75-100-140.

I try to keep off the skinny and roll with 75 (someone told me that this was the econo tune for best mileage) but it really responds better on 100. I save 140 for the hybrids.

To my knowledge the custom tunes can change so many parameters its crazy....change shift points, how long injectors stay open, control when to fuel, when to defuel, adjuwt everything if you have upgraded injectors turbo etc. There is ALOT that can be done by somebody that really knows what they are doing. With the stock injectors in our trucks there is not much that can be done on fueling but if you upgrade and get tuned to match what youve got it will make a monster difference. I have the same settings you have on your ts, drive on 100, play on 140 and tow on 75

Nice truck jpscout....i would love.to check out your fuel setup sometime. Im lookin at getting my hands on a sd hpop to support up and coming injectors. What kind of bumper is that on the front of your stroke??
Sorry for late response - work. The bumper is a TJM - older style and came on it when I bought it back in '04. Just PM me when you want to check out the fuel setup - I followed this setup from someone on the net - would have to dig up the info. Love my truck!

road trip

Had to haul wife and 9 week old daughter to Long Island for a funeral. Wheeled the Flats yestersay went home packed up and left this am. Just finished a 16 hr drive. Old powerstroke dig great! Best part (well looking back) was that the gps routed us right through Lincoln Tunnel and all the way down 42nd st to 2nd in NYC. Sorry no pics (too damn stressful those road are not meant for that type of vehicle) but what a time I had with the ts knob turner to 140 w a straight exhaust... at 2500 rpms. :fuck-you:

New fan clutch, water pump, 195 thermosat, and radiator.

Running warmer than before which is good.:driver:

Attachments

• 2011-11-27_14-13-41_226.jpg
    2011-11-27_14-13-41_226.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 663
  • 2011-11-26_11-58-18_340.jpg
    2011-11-26_11-58-18_340.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 641
Heres mine 97 F350, 7.3 liter, 305/70-16 Toyo Open Countrys, Moto metal wheels, TS Performance 6 position chip, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, 3" down pipe into 4" straight piped, Complete Air Dog Fuel system with Fuel Lab Regulator, Gauges are next on the list
ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy180_dmooreracin_dd0dd9c0_8303_4412_bae1_8ac7a1943033.jpg

Updates
Installed a set of glow shift gauges, BTS valve body, Custom Tunes, and Swamps 238/100 hybrid injectors

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy180_dmooreracin_6d7d6d18_f2db_499c_ae90_7b297b37ec56.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy180_dmooreracin_injectors.jpg

Finally found me an unmolested 7.3.
199,xxx mi
Completely bone stock.
No rust at all in body.
Cleanest 7.3 I've seen in person.
Interior is almost perfect as well.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160905_9f8af4d0ba0fd4a8791794f29c5c2c56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in here's my 1997 f250 with a f350 front axle. no ifs 7.3 auto ccsb 6" lift on 35's Texas truck no rust not sure if I like the stacks yet but they were in it when I got it
I use to have a 1997 rclb 5spd on 38's about 10 years ago missed it so here we go again
now it has bumpers had to trim it.
00r0r_gtHEAiuZanJ_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in here's my 1997 f250 with a f350 front axle. no ifs 7.3 auto ccsb 6" lift on 35's Texas truck no rust not sure if I like the stacks yet but they were in it when I got it
I use to have a 1997 rclb 5spd on 38's about 10 years ago missed it so here we go again
no it has bumpers had to trim it.View attachment 229394

That truck was for sale close to my house not too long ago.

Back