[Oct 13, 2012] 1st Annual Fall Uwharrie OHV Jamboree (Troy, NC)

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
auwharriejamboree.angelfire.com_storage_Fall_Uwharrie_OHV_Jamboree_Low_Res.jpg

If you enjoyed the 1st Annual Spring Uwharrie OHV Jamboree this year, the 1st Annual Fall Uwharrie OHV Jamboree will be even bigger and better. The Fall Jamboree will be held the same weekend as the Uwharrie Mountain Festival, so you get the opportunity to attend 2 events at once! For more information please visit:

www.uwharriejamboree.com

or via e-mail:

Questions, Comments, Suggestions please send an e-mail to:
info@uwharriejamboree.com (Scott Fields Event Organizer)

Payment/Payment Questions for Sponsors and Vendors:
accounting@uwharriejamboree.com

Website/Flyer Questions, Comments, Issues:
webmaster@uwharriejamboree.com (Eli Pupavatz Web/Graphic Design Tech)

Last edited:
Give us your ideas on how you would like to see this event grow. Competition? Games? More of the same? It has to be at least a 'break even' event this time!
Please remember our 'Mission Statement' before giving your ideas.

Attachments

• Uwharrie OHV Jamboree-Mission Statement.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 445
Apparently, Eli, doesn't have enough to do! SOMEBODY, give Eli, something to keep him busy!:p

Ooooh I have plenty to do to keep me busy, but the sooner we get the ball rolling on this the better :).

As Scott said this is an opportunity to get involved in the planning for the event. The Jamborees are made by and for the OHV Community in an effort to help keep the trails open and have a great time to boot. Current projects being added for this Fall:

- Show N Shine Trail Rig Competition: Bring your trail rig out and show it off, and at the same time compete for awards/prizes.

-RTI Ramp Competition: Show off the flex of your vehicle with awards/prizes from stock/mild built rigs, all the way to unlimited rock buggies.

- Blind Man 4x4 Driving Games Competition: A blind folded driver with a team mate spotter attempt to complete a series of "blind man driving games" testing their skills in driving and teamwork to win awards/prizes.

And there will be a lot more to come, but the input of the community is needed to make this the best event it can be. Ideas for games? competitions? raffles? Please share them!

i think this is a great event and i hope that it will continue for years to come. i will sit down with the club at our meeting this month and maybe we can throw around some ideas for games and competitions and maybe some other things we can ponder up to help out as i am willing 100% to help if i can!!! i will be in touch scott!!!

Just an idea, and not really sure how this kinds of stuff works. Maybe get some goodies, a winch or 2, new synthetic which line, bumper, protection items... Add on type things. Use the raffle to give these away.

Like I said im not sure how that works. Maybe a few companies would like to donate these items for the raffle???

Of course this would have to be ran by each club. Maybe have each club donate an item. Put a "max spending limit" for the items. Say maybe nothing over 250-300? Use 1 raffle with multiple drawings for all items to given away. Doesn't even have to be large items. Figure out someway to "pre order" an annual pass for URE for 2013, a gas card that works at the outpost, compact "decent" trail tool set.

It's just an idea. Hope it helps.

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

i think this is a great event and i hope that it will continue for years to come. i will sit down with the club at our meeting this month and maybe we can throw around some ideas for games and competitions and maybe some other things we can ponder up to help out as i am willing 100% to help if i can!!! i will be in touch scott!!!
Thank you! Looking forward to your ideas.
Just an idea, and not really sure how this kinds of stuff works. Maybe get some goodies, a winch or 2, new synthetic which line, bumper, protection items... Add on type things. Use the raffle to give these away.

Like I said im not sure how that works. Maybe a few companies would like to donate these items for the raffle???

Of course this would have to be ran by each club. Maybe have each club donate an item. Put a "max spending limit" for the items. Say maybe nothing over 250-300? Use 1 raffle with multiple drawings for all items to given away. Doesn't even have to be large items. Figure out someway to "pre order" an annual pass for URE for 2013, a gas card that works at the outpost, compact "decent" trail tool set.

It's just an idea. Hope it helps.

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.
Great idea that I had not thought of. See this at most 4WD events! Thanks!

You could get some vendors involved, have them donate prizes and money towards the operating costs in trade for putting them on the flyer and website.

This sounds like a fun event. I hope I can make it. Looks like you guys are doing a really good job so far. Keep it up.

Scott, as always, let us know what we can do to help!

Definitely need the more interactive stuff to make it work better. car shows always go well, and maybe thats something to be done. not only a 4x4 show and shine, but have regular hot rods and classics. Have an ugly truck competition like 4wheel parts does.

I like the idea of the blind man competition. Definitely take the focus off the swap meet and put it on the car show and other attactions and let the swap meet be a side effect.

www.CharlotteHelicopters.com will be on-site! **If you are not on the e-mail contact list for the Jamboree, start a private conversation with me and I will add you to the list. I sent out a Jamboree e-mail yesterday.

$200 for dealers, $60.00 for food vendors and $40.00 for misc. vendors.

Swap Meet vendor $15.00 for Saturday, no camping/$30.00
with camping Friday and Saturday Nights (25' x 25' spot - you get two spots if camping).

Definitely having 4x4 games. There will be a charge to enter games -TBD.

Call me if ya need help with anything Scott.

To all Clubs, Vendors, Dealers, Volunteers and OHV Lovers!

This Fall, October 13, 2012 will be the OHV event to be at!

From an improved Off-Road Test Track to more OHV's to Test! This is going to be a fun, fun family event.
Add -ECORS 4x4 Games, Helicopter rides with www.CharlotteHelicpters.com , Swap Meet, Clubs displays, USFS booth, Military HUMVEE's, Food and New Parts Vendors and of course - Lots and Lots of Off-Road machines of all types.

FREE Admission to visitors - of course!

This Fall we are partnering with the 7th Annual Uwharrie Mountain Festival www.UwharrieMountainFestival.com
and "Run to the Country" Car and Bike Show. We are talking Thousands of people attending and
all parking, for all the events, will be at the Uwharrie OHV Jamboree parking lot! WOW! Everyone will see the Jamboree first!

E-mail me back and share your interest and enthusiasm!

Dealers, Vendors - go ahead and fill out the application and mail or email it back ASAP.

Kind Regards,

my club and scott have been speaking and we have come up that mad mudders 4x4 will be having a chicken stew october 13th times and prices are to be determined, but we will be donating to the kidney foundation as we are a strong supporter since my father was diagnosed with total kidney failure. as soon as we get things in stone i will post up!!! hope its ok to post this here!?!

my club and scott have been speaking and we have come up that mad mudders 4x4 will be having a chicken stew october 13th times and prices are to be determined, but we will be donating to the kidney foundation as we are a strong supporter since my father was diagnosed with total kidney failure. as soon as we get things in stone i will post up!!! hope its ok to post this here!?!

Mad Mudders is hoping for a really big turn out for this great cause!!!!!

Chili Cooking Challenge October 13 at the Uwharrie OHV Jamboree. The winner of the Chili Cook-Off will receive a Kindle Reader donated by Bravo Signs. Call 336-202-6919 or email gfdevillers@gmail.com for entry detail.

Funds from the sale of Chili will go to 'Friends of Uwharrie' !

Back