Off Camber YJ Build

lookin good

Thanks. Been painting cage/parts this week. Ordering headlights and front shocks on Friday when I get paid. Nate will be re doing the shock mounts and bringing down the rear to level it out and finishing up on cage tie ins.
Its a mad dash for Dixie Run.

Still working on this... Lots of progress and I still suck at taking pictures.
Cage is finished (for now, still have some tube to use but time is short)
Everything is good to go except a few odds and ends and getting the seats/harnesses back in.
20170917_225233.jpg
20170917_225336.jpg

0920171828a1_2.jpg

Finished form before dixie run. Has a few new dings, a bent lower link, and a severe wiring issue that needs sorted out.
Gonna be adding a better skid plate and some other goodies in the coming weeks.

Destroyed my transmission at Uwharrie (solid mounted and didn't have a support for the case)
Once I accepted the jeep would be down for a while I decided to spend money and upgrade elsewhere...

So 4 ORIs and a 4 link kit for the front and some other stuff is on the way.
Merry Christmas to me... From me.

Expect some updates in here starting in January.

Currently accepting food donations for the next few months

Destroyed my transmission at Uwharrie (solid mounted and didn't have a support for the case)
Once I accepted the jeep would be down for a while I decided to spend money and upgrade elsewhere...

So 4 ORIs and a 4 link kit for the front and some other stuff is on the way.
Merry Christmas to me... From me.

Expect some updates in here starting in January.

Currently accepting food donations for the next few months

Did the transmission case crack?

FB_IMG_1515357533103.jpg
FB_IMG_1515357529452.jpg
FB_IMG_1515357517751.jpg
20171228_140954_HDR.jpg
20171221_173909.jpg
received_10213089762211486.jpeg

Pictures from last trip out and pics of some new parts. In a perfect world Ill be able to make the Gulches Presidents Day ride and have time for a Sunday URE trip for a shake down and some ORI tuning
More realistic deadline is end of March.

Damn that’s a lot of tube. Can I have a stick? [emoji1]

Looks good man. That second pic almost looks like a RC crawler. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 sticks of 2" .250 wall for links, I'll most likely have a bit leftover.
1 stick of 1.75" 1.88 for building a hydro bash bar and most likely for frame replacement (Chopping the front few feet out)
8 sticks of 1.75" .120 for engine cage, bracing, etc... 4 of those sticks were added to the order for a buddy of mine because he thought the price I got was really good. I paid like $3.25 a foot for the 1.75" .120 DOM

There's also a bunch of stuff not in the barnes pic... For whatever reason EVERY SINGLE TIME I order from them my stuff gets screwed up. The other half of the stuff came a week later.

If you need some and I have leftover we can talk lol

Thanks, I'm really happy with how its coming together and I'm definitely aching to get back on the trails. Just trying not to rush and make any major fuck ups.
My friends have given me a lot of shit about the lights, but I like em, might even add more since they keep giving me shit. Calling me Green lantern haha

Last edited:
2 sticks of 2" .250 wall for links, I'll most likely have a bit leftover.
1 stick of 1.75" 1.88 for building a hydro bash bar and most likely for frame replacement (Chopping the front few feet out)
8 sticks of 1.75" .120 for engine cage, bracing, etc... 4 of those sticks were added to the order for a buddy of mine because he thought the price I got was really good. I paid like $3.25 a foot for the 1.75" .120 DOM

There's also a bunch of stuff not in the barnes pic... For whatever reason EVERY SINGLE TIME I order from them my stuff gets screwed up. The other half of the stuff came a week later.

If you need some and I have leftover we can talk lol

Thanks, I'm really happy with how its coming together and I'm definitely aching to get back on the trails. Just trying not to rush and make any major fuck ups.
My friends have given me a lot of shit about the lights, but I like em, might even add more since they keep giving me shit. Calling me Green lantern haha
Get up with me about links when you get time, and get that top too. I have some questions

Get up with me about links when you get time, and get that top too. I have some questions

Will do. I'm off this weekend. I'll come get the top. I have only forgot about it a dozen times. Lol

received_10213416027847923.jpeg
received_10213396977531677.jpeg
received_10213416027367911.jpeg

Frame chop has begun. Getting axle ready for links. Slack with pictures.

received_10213439493074539.jpeg
received_10213439492514525.jpeg

Got a little happy with a grinder...
Gained a lot of clearance over the other frame rails. Considering switching to rope and a smaller fairlead later. Should still allow for a pretty killer approach angle.

You can find some nice rope on amazon with good reviews for 140 bucks fyi

One of these days... I've spent a lot of money on this build and I'm trying to cut it down to only the required stuff. I'm buying a new radiator now for clearance purposes. Need to sell a bunch of old stuff but have limited time and I'm a salesman at work. No interest when I'm off haha

One of these days... I've spent a lot of money on this build and I'm trying to cut it down to only the required stuff. I'm buying a new radiator now for clearance purposes. Need to sell a bunch of old stuff but have limited time and I'm a salesman at work. No interest when I'm off haha

Trust me I get it I’m throwing money to the wind trying to get mine build done but when it’s time 140 is better than 6-800 for the big name brands, you can break it 4-5 times and then replace and repeat several times before you get to the cost of the name brand stuff

No doubt man. I see your posts here and there. Are you building a buggy or that XJ still? I have seen conflicting posts haha. I may have something you need somewhere along the way.

We just bought a 1 ton XJ for my little sister. Should be a point and shoot rig for her. 4.0 ax15 231 with superduty 60/10.5 5.13 gears etc... gonna drop it down to a 39-40 probably and let her rip. May flip the rear springs eventually.
It will start making appearances soon on the trails. She is super excited and we got a deal on it from a friend (Just had to drive 12 hours for it)
xj tina 4.jpg

No doubt man. I see your posts here and there. Are you building a buggy or that XJ still? I have seen conflicting posts haha. I may have something you need somewhere along the way.

We just bought a 1 ton XJ for my little sister. Should be a point and shoot rig for her. 4.0 ax15 231 with superduty 60/10.5 5.13 gears etc... gonna drop it down to a 39-40 probably and let her rip. May flip the rear springs eventually.
It will start making appearances soon on the trails. She is super excited and we got a deal on it from a friend (Just had to drive 12 hours for it)View attachment 262594

Traded my xj for a yj buggy project.... and started redoing everything went from a 305 to ls still keeping the tons wheels and tires. I’ve got most of my parts just need to start putting it all together, weather has been to cold and wet to work on it this winter so far. I’m hoping April/may to be done but idk if that is possible.

Hell yeah. That's whats up man. LS is on my agenda but probably not til next year. ORI's and such hurt my pocket pretty hard.

Hell yeah. That's whats up man. LS is on my agenda but probably not til next year. ORI's and such hurt my pocket pretty hard.

Found one for 300 bucks with harness and computer so I jumped on that shit like white on rice. Come to find out it’s the wrong harness but I’m still going to be in cheaper than most

No doubt. I'm basically assuming itll cost me 1500-2000 if I find deals. I figure my boring ass 350 runs fine. I can wait. Who needs horsepower anyway... :(:(:(

Back