official WVO thread

Don't need to use it, they just can. By using a centrifuge they force the contaminants and water to separate from the grease (IE different weights....common use is to separate blood). Just another way to end up with clean usable product that is fairly fast. Settling time and filtering is the most common method, slow but inexpensive. Most people don't have a centrifuge in their tool bag.

:popcorn:

Does anyone use an 55 drum with there system with a vavle at the bottem?

I use a 55 gal drum with a 5500 watt hot water heater element at the bottom. it takes about 45min to 1hour to heat up enough to filter. I heat it twice. I heat it up then let is sit for a few days for the water and other crap to settle then heat it up and filter. then I let it settle again before use it.

Where do you guys get your metal barrels?

Is anyone using an "oil drum" (like those used for residential dyed diesel)?

Right now I just have plastic barrels from state surplus but they are not open top.

Thanks!

Where do you guys get your metal barrels?

Is anyone using an "oil drum" (like those used for residential dyed diesel)?

Right now I just have plastic barrels from state surplus but they are not open top.

Thanks!
I get them from 401 video in Garner

Other WVO filtration/dewatering methods?

Carl, thanks for your help the other evening! :beer:

What process are you other WVO burners using to filter/dewater your grease?

:popcorn:

I use a 55 gal drum with a 5500 watt hot water heater element at the bottom. it takes about 45min to 1hour to heat up enough to filter. I heat it twice. I heat it up then let is sit for a few days for the water and other crap to settle then heat it up and filter. then I let it settle again before use it.

I'm glad to see all you guys running WVO and putting a dent in petrolium consumption. Funny how years ago when I converted my truck (before the WVO hype)my thread got deleted for fear of not paying taxes and promting that sort of thing on this board. Funny how times change.

I'm glad to see all you guys running WVO and putting a dent in petrolium consumption. Funny how years ago when I converted my truck (before the WVO hype)my thread got deleted for fear of not paying taxes and promting that sort of thing on this board. Funny how times change.
:lol::lol::lol:

Made biodiesel this week

Here are a few pictures. My 17 year old designed and built the processor as part of an FFA project in school.

ai260.photobucket.com_albums_ii16_Flint_Holbrook_BioDieselMarch08430.jpg

ai260.photobucket.com_albums_ii16_Flint_Holbrook_BioDieselMarch08412.jpg

ai260.photobucket.com_albums_ii16_Flint_Holbrook_BioDieselMarch08397.jpg

ai260.photobucket.com_albums_ii16_Flint_Holbrook_BioDieselMarch08377.jpg

ai260.photobucket.com_albums_ii16_Flint_Holbrook_BioDieselMarch08393.jpg

ai260.photobucket.com_albums_ii16_Flint_Holbrook_BioDieselMarch08355.jpg

Using this on the Benz

I have spent my free time doing a WVO conversion on my 83 300SD

Super Easy...I got "how-to" file online that makes use of only off the shelf parts

Finishing the tank at night
Heated Fuel Filter , Heat exchanger,12 Volt Heater, Heated Tank and pick-up tube,and heated fuel hose.

Filtering the WVO is the trick
I use a two drum set-up 50 micron Washable Nylon bag then a 5 Micron filter bag setup

I'll get pics up when finished

I have spent my free time doing a WVO conversion on my 83 300SD

Super Easy...I got "how-to" file online that makes use of only off the shelf parts

Finishing the tank at night
Heated Fuel Filter , Heat exchanger,12 Volt Heater, Heated Tank and pick-up tube,and heated fuel hose.

Filtering the WVO is the trick
I use a two drum set-up 50 micron Washable Nylon bag then a 5 Micron filter bag setup

I'll get pics up when finished

I use a 5/1 micron bag I find the filter on the truck last alot longer than using just a 5 micron

so after a few years what seems to be the general consensus about what system to use? I keep telling myself I'm going to convert but just haven't. these prices nowadays have sent me over the edge.

i understand the water issue but have these systems done anything different to help out with that?

so after a few years what seems to be the general consensus about what system to use? I keep telling myself I'm going to convert but just haven't. these prices nowadays have sent me over the edge.
i understand the water issue but have these systems done anything different to help out with that?

anybody??

I have been running 50/50 mix in my 200 350 psd for over a month now with no problems. Thinking by end of summer I may buy a 2 tank system. Not sure wich one yet though.

Back