Old man emu tj springs/ or best spring

CThurmond

Hey guys I've got a 98 jeep Sahara, It is not my only vehicle but it will see a lot of road miles. Has anyone on Here ever had OME springs for a tj, are they any better than rough country or Rubicon Express. Also which spring rate did you have/lift height.

Looking to have a jeep that I can take off road but will have decent road manors around town.

I have had rough country(2.5" tj, 3.5/6.5 xj), skyjacker(3.5"xj), Rubicon express(4.5" xj), and I really havnt been impressed with any of them compaired to a factory spring rate

I have searched and couldn't really find a spring discussion.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have put ome springs in almost every vehicle I have owned, and have never been disappointed with them.
That being said, I didnt use them in my previous tj.

How much lift are you looking for?

I ran ome springs on mine before I got all stupid with it. For a street driven rig they are defintly a go too.

I have the OME 2" heavy springs and metalcloak arms and it rides great. Height was almost the same as the budget boost that came off. I had 33x10.50s on it with just the springs and a bump stop extension. Then added a 1" body lift.

My rig had OME 2.5 on it when I bought the rig and went to bigger RE springs. I’m looking for some more OME springs so I can get the rig a little lower and ride better. OME is the way to go IMO.

I'm running 33 10.5 15 so looking for 2.5 maybe 3.5 inches of lift.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I ran moog progressive rate xj coils in the front, and jk rubicon springs in the rear of my old tj.
It gave around 2.5" of lift, ran 33s on it.
I actually think these springs worked better and rode better than my buddies tj with ome springs.
Kinda ghetto, I know. But they worked very well and cost about 1/3 what the ome springs do.

Rough Country 2.5s are progressive rate. Throw a set of those on there with a 1" body lift and call it done. Throw some fancy shocks at it if you must, but the RC ones aren't bad.

OME are expensive. People interpret that to mean "good", then spam all the forums to justify overspending on a bent piece of metal.

Back