On board air question

cumminsdzl

http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/portable_oba/

Check out this link and tell me what you think. I already have this compressor and i am trying to decide what the advantages are of having the seperate tank. I know the compressor can now be set up to turn on and off like a regular compressor, but i guess my question is what sort of real advantage will the tank give it? Could it be powerful enough to run a small air ratchet or small impact gun, i know it will fill tires easier, but what else could this setup be capable of?

Thanks for the help.

You can run a wide variety of air tools. Size of tank and CFM output of your compressor will dictate how long you can run them before loosing power. A small 1/4" grinder uses a lot of air. A good size impact will do well with that compressor and a 2 gallon tank. The more reserve air(tank) you have the better it will preform.

We (CK-5) bought up all the ones we could find on the West Coast last year at a sale price of $25.00!!! A member in Oregon shipped me two, which I modified a bit. Removed the funny QD and installed a standard one. And removed the air gauge and installed a 12 vdc pressure switch. And installed Heavy Duty plug and receptacle. It draws over 20 amps, so stock cigarette lighters won't work!!! I highly recommend these, as it will pump up a flat 35 in about three minutes. A portable air tank to 100 psi in about 5 minutes or so!
Here is a a photo of one, I need to order a pressure switch for the other one!
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y103_dontoe_APwPS.jpg

Gave my brother one (MF1050) for Christmas... he called a few days later sproutin' wood over it! Depending on their longevity, well worth the price IMO... Too bad I ran out of Christmas funds or *I'd* have one now also!

Back