Orbital valves

1stgenxxx

Anyone who knows me...knows I'm cheap. With that being said, I'm trying to avoid spending $350 on an orbital valve. There are tons of used danfross, charlynn, eaton ect..on ebay for around 100$
I need a return to center, open center, non load reactive orbital??
Anyone have any useful part numbers?
This is for my clapped out cherokee not a super fancy race rig.
This will be used with a 2x8 single ended ram.

I been running random valves for the past 10yrs without an issue, might just be lucky(first time ever! I wish I had less turns lock to lock but don’t care to pay for it. You don’t need a return to center. Wish I could sell you my spare but...

non load reactive, non return to center, open center. and should be cheapest.

and if you decide to get a 5 port, you can use the 5th port to run hydro boost brakes or an hydraulic attachment providing it's small and doesn't need a lot of GPM.

I been running random valves for the past 10yrs without an issue, might just be lucky(first time ever! I wish I had less turns lock to lock but don’t care to pay for it. You don’t need a return to center. Wish I could sell you my spare but...

You don't have to selit to me. I'll take it for free. We shall consider it payment for the last few years of neglect.

Also. If I were to call eaton or whatever manufacturer, would a support team give me the needed info from the P/N

Anyone know who makes the trail gear orbitals?

You can figure ypur own part number.

Look at cu. In. Per revolution.

Figure cu. In. In your cylinder.

Go to web site of the manufacture and look for part number decoder. Like a vin. Each number in a specific placement gives you the info of the valve.

Thanks Jeff. I will give that a read. @GONOVRIT lemmegetthatorbital

I scored a danfoss orbital today for a good price
The part number is
OSPC 50 LS
150-8250
displacement is 50cm^3 per rev
I going to use this with a 2x8 surplus center double ended ram
2x8x1.25 DA Double Rod Hydraulic Cylinder | Surplus Center | Brands | www.surpluscenter.com
or
2.5x8x1.5 DA Double Rod Hydraulic Cylinder | Power Steering Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

How do I figure out the turns ratio of either set up?

Figure how much volume the cylinder holds verses the amount per revolution of the orbital

You have a 3.05 cu in/rev.

Your cylinder volume is roughly 25cu in.

Given that you have about 8 turns lock to lock with that orbital and cylinder.

You have a 3.05 cu in/rev.

Your cylinder volume is roughly 25cu in.

Given that you have about 8 turns lock to lock with that orbital and cylinder.

You're such a nice guy. I see you math well..:lol:

Well shit...I guess I'll need a giant steering wheel :(

That's almost five turns lock to lock, how shitty slow were you hoping for?

I was thinking that sounded better than 8 turns... Much less work
Let me know how the setup turns out, I'm doing similar and it would be nice to save a couple hundo on a orbital.

Back