Ordered a Wraith Kit.

Macdaddy4738

Should be here Tuesday! Looking to drop a Castle MMP/Tekin ROC in it. Gonna have to beef up the transmission and possibly the axles to take the power. Gonna be a long build for sure.

that thing should be wicked!!
i have been considering getting rid of my aftershock and my slash to build one just like this, keep us updated!!

scared to death!!!!!

that thing should be wicked!!
i have been considering getting rid of my aftershock and my slash to build one just like this, keep us updated!!

scared to death!!!!!

Heading to Anderson R/C here in a few minutes to check it out. Within the next few months downtown Troy will have its own R/C shop so that should be pretty cool. Gonna see if Anderson can do anything with my Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster. Brushes are about gone and I think it could use some time on a com. lathe.

Kit arrived yesterday. Got the frame assembled just so I could see what it looks like. I ordered a full set of metal transmission gears, a metal spur gear, and some cheapo beadlocks till I want to invest in more expensive ones. I think I will replace the kit lockers with VP parts before I assemble the axles.

You will also want to relocate your battery up front.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I will post a few pictures tonight. I hinged the hood using cable clamps. Then you make a couple horizontal cuts, one on each side of the firewall. This makes a ledge to rest the battery on. You will need to relocate the ESC also. Really easy mod and makes a huge difference in weight distribution.

uploadfromtaptalk1384382878218.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384382893252.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384382910778.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384382923031.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384382938019.jpg
Pics of battery relocation

Last edited:
I'll have to look into moving the battery. The stock location kind of sucks. Finally got it together tonight. Definitely need to get it lowered, way too high with the stock setup.

Adheasive wheel weights on the inside of the wheel. Keeps the tires planted and weight down low to prevent rollovers. The more the better.

Good kit and the parts options are unlimited!

Adheasive wheel weights on the inside of the wheel. Keeps the tires planted and weight down low to prevent rollovers. The more the better.

Good kit and the parts options are unlimited!

I did that with my SCX-10, I definitely won't do it again. I'd rather just spend the money on wheels that are already heavy, or buy knuckle weights. Even with heavier wheels, the thing still sits way high.

Got some plans in mind now.

Castle mmp with tekin pro4
BGR front shock mount
Blue monkey rc trailing rear arms
Super shafty transmission shafts
VP stage one kit
VP method wheels
The Crawler Store "da tray" and "da cover" to relocate my electronics and battery

Eventually want the VP Currie axles...this thing will be both awesome and awesomely expensive lol

A quick way to lower the back is to just flip the cage mount upside down. You can also flip the axle brackets upside down but that makes them hang up easy. I bought a lowering kit off e bay for $20 or so. After o installed the lowering kit I added a set of 110MM air shocks from hot racing. Was still lower than stock and have a lot more droop. Works pretty good.

Back