Overcharge warning / protection

6BangBronk

I've witnessed on several occasions where someone posts an item for sale when there are cheaper solutions. What is the best way to handle these with a follow up post of some kind without offending the author? I know it's a free country and everyone deserves their right to try to make a buck but times are tuff and I feel people need to know!
Being that I'm a tight wad, I have made a past time of, and have found it necessary to research the cheapest deal on items new and used for days on end before purchasing. And I even run across a deal from time to time that is better than a deal found on NC4x4 and think - Hey, why don't I mention it? I feel the responsibility to inform those that know no better of a waste of money with links, coupons, experiences or just plain facts on more affordable ways to go without being ripped by someone who was probably ripped themselves and trying to pawn off some of their losses.
Being the blunt type of person I am, I would not hesitate to post a link up with better direction with finger pointing and such to rip-offs especially to someone I do not know that would not hesitate to match a price by PM or such. But the reason for my question is that I would like to know the correct attitude that should be applied to NC4x4 and others as far as that goes? I feel even Vendor's need to be put in their place on promotional items at times as well. And every single situation is entirely different?
For some reason I get off on warning others about rip-offs. It's a feeling I just can't explain?:shaking: Or should I just keep it to myself? :huggy:

Quoted from the rules in the forsale section.

NO BS/Slams - No Slams or any negitive comments about an item. If you feel an item is over priced, simply don't buy it. If you must comment send the person a PM.

To add to what Jeff posted... IF you truly feel that something is a SCAM or RIP-OFF or an item is being misrepresented, click the little RED TRIANGLE to report the post and/or send a note to a moderator.

And I will add: feel free to use the anything goes GARAGE forum to talk about almost ANYTHING under the sun.

OK Mod. But let this be a warning to whoever reads this post that unless you have a money tree in your yard... Always do your research first!:shaking: Or even post a thread asking direction if you are looking at buying anything from local tomato plants to used tires... What seems as a deal is not always the case! And EVERYONE knows something different... Want ads are guaranteed to find the cheapest deals before jumping on a single item for sale.

:beer:

There sorta is Yager, but I'm not about to report it to a Mod for my pleasure of talking him down. :shaking: It just rubbed me the wrong way how he is firm on the price even though I will find it at half his price later down the road.:huggy:
But this only popped the question prematurely if it was ligit to point out overpricing to others and my fault for being lazy to not browse the posted rules first. Rules are usually put into effect on this board for good reason and there's no need for explanations, especially on this rule in particular. No harm intended for my post, just curiosity for others sake. There is no vendors in particular on this site (yet) to be outragious. I guess the economy is starting to push me overboard on finding deals and saving money. Even starting to make me want to save money that ain't even mine?:lol:

:beer:

I look at it like this. If a person has something to sell, he-she may not be able to sell it as cheap as someone else. Due mainly to the fact of what they have in it. I have many times wrote someone in PM and told them why what they have is not selling. And in most cases, the post was amended to show a lower price. Sometimes I receive a PM back saying thanks. Sometimes a little on the rude side, and sometimes no response at all. If you can beat the price, then nothing is stopping you from posting a separate post with no mention of the other, showing that the same item can be found cheaper here, or there, or that you have it and post your own price.
On the other hand, cheaper is not always better. Meaning the little guy here may be pushing his stuff trying to make ends meet. And in some cases, he may be laid off and just trying to pay bills and put food in his stomach. So in however you choose to deal with it, I say do it with tact, and respect.

Also consider your time travelling and/or shipping items...maybe meet at an event or other convenient place to save some time/$ for both parties..or see what else they got that you could use...make a trade or package deal...these daze throw your offers out there...if someone gets offended cuz you trying to stretch your funds out, they need a WAKE THE HELL UP to REALITY CALL...:beer:
...if you haven't picked up on my sublimital (sp-) message...help a Brother Out Y'all...:huggy:

Back