P0261

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
Long story so bare w me.
About three weeks ago the egr cooler on my 06 F350 6.0 ruptured.I welded the cooler and while I was in there I changed the oil cooler too.Got it back together and have been driving for the last couple of weeks.Went about two days before the check engine light came on.I knew it probably would since its an 06 and the egr cooler is welded.I have turned it off a couple of times w my phone,went to turn it off again today and it also had a P0261 code (inj circuit low cyl 1).

Pulled the alternator back off to check the #1 inj connection,wires looked good and the pins weren't noticeably bent.reconnected it with a snap and started it back up.After few minutes of running(at speed) I checked it again and it said "pending fault code" but no check engine light.After some driving the light came back on.

Checked the FICM voltage and it was 48.5 and the alt voltage was 13.5.Battery voltage was 12.8 w the engine off and drops to about 11.8 when cranking and builds back to about 12.4/5.Batteries are 6 years old.I have also noticed some extended starting times for the past couple of months and I had to jump it to restart after the cooler work.The truck sat for about two weeks w/o being started.I plan to replace them both Monday when the Ford place opens.

Truck has a small skip at idle but is not noticeable by the gauges or seat of the pants at highway speeds.Light seems to come on after cranking and I can turn it off and it will stay off until I turn the engine off and restart.

With the exception of the welded cooler the truck is all stock,no tuner,has the factory air filter and even the converter on it.Any thought's or things I could have missed??

Once you make the EGR non functional like that I thought you had to have a tune of some sort to turn it off and “fool” all of that?

I could be totally wrong

Once you make the EGR non functional like that I thought you had to have a tune of some sort to turn it off and “fool” all of that?

I could be totally wrong

You do and you use to be able to do it w a tuner but since the gov has cracked down on diesel emissions you can’t buy one that has that option.I know a guy whose scanner will do it but I haven’t got there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally getting around to updating this.#1 injector failed about a week later and had to replace it.$200 for a reman at the dealership along w $350 worth of batteries.The $$$$ money train is back rolling for the time being but Ive developed a whine/roar in the rear axle so at least its gonna need a set of bearings.I've already replaced a front unit bearing too.

I didn't see this the first time. I was going to say that code in my experience along with hard cold starts means it's injector time.

Hopefully your axle whine is better than mine was. I got a whine at 55 in my old 03 f250, when I pulled the cover the backlash was huge. I could pry the carrier side to side over 1/4". The bearing races would slide and spin in the housing. I had to buy a junkyard axle. I upgraded it with a cover with preload bolts. I think in my case the race tune stretched the bearing caps or something.

Finally getting around to updating this.#1 injector failed about a week later and had to replace it.$200 for a reman at the dealership along w $350 worth of batteries.The $$$$ money train is back rolling for the time being but Ive developed a whine/roar in the rear axle so at least its gonna need a set of bearings.I've already replaced a front unit bearing too.

This reminded me to return your phone call.
Sorry buddy...
Gimme a call anytime tomorrow

Back