Paint Sprayer recommendations for house exterior

jcramsey

Got a couple quotes to paint our house.....so it looks like I'll be doing it myself. Anybody got a recommendation for a good quality paint sprayer for a DIY'er that won't break the bank?

I have an airless paint sprayer I need to sell...

@jeepinmatt if you end up going to Savannah for that trailer before Labor Day you could swing up to Marion and grab @ramjo airless sprayer for me.

IMG_0500.JPG

Look around for a refurb Graco X7 and see how that lines up with your budget. You may need to get another tip size (than what is included when you buy it) depending on what you're spraying.

I've got a nice Graco from Lowe's and a harbor freight airless when it was on sale. They both use the same tips, they both work the same and when your brother borrows it but doesn't clean it afterwards they both suck the same. I've not had any complaints with the hf unit and I can't tell any difference between the two. The Graco is handier with 5 gal buckets though.

Years ago, my dad's shop (cinder block/tin) needed a paint job to cover what looked like the fawkin' Partridge family bus (previously owned by a building contractor that assembled & painted it with "leftover de jour" everything)...

While it sucked refilling the tiny (pint-ish?) cup, we used a Wagner power painter ($75) to spray over 6 gallons of grey latex enamel on it.

Back