Painting ATV plastics?

Discussion in 'ATV Discussion' started by Blaze, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Blaze

Blaze The Jeeper Reaper

Anyone have any recommendations for how to paint ATV plastics? My Eiger has horribly faded plastics. I made them red again with a torch, but they still look turdy.

It isn't a huge deal, but I'd still like to clean it up and make it look nice. Just put some fancy wheels on it and now it looks goofy.

2. Blaze

Blaze The Jeeper Reaper

78596142_10106760545399739_6320922937394200576_n.jpg

3. a_kelley

a_kelley mechanical fixer

Had good luck with krylon fusion paints for plastic on some chainsaw covers.. seems to hold up well. Ymmv.

Edit - you may want to look into adhesion promoter and commercially available automotive paints - they stick on bumpers pretty good.

4. paradisePWoffrd

paradisePWoffrd Recovering Project Junkie

I am in a similar situation. I have used the Krylon paints on plastic items with success, not sure about ATV plastics. I have thought about wrapping them.

5. guffey24

guffey24 Well-Known Member

Krylon fusion camo colors, then use a satin clear over the top, works great, prep is the key

6. ncpartsguy

ncpartsguy Well-Known Member

Google using Penetrol on faded plastic - I used it on the fender flares, steps, and hard top on my TJ. Excellent results, very long lasting.

I also had a friend who bought an old blue Yamaha dirt bike, and used Wipe New and was very happy at the color it brought back.