Paragon or Bust

Rob

Administrator
Administrator
Headed out soon as the boy get's home from school. All loaded up.

Attachments

• trip1.jpg
    trip1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 916
  • trip.jpg
    trip.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 691
Rob say high to Billy for us. He is running a green TJ with Aggressive 4x4 concepts on the windsheild. Will be with a club from Jersey up there. Good luck.

Good luck and be safe with the new tow rig and all.
Where'd ya get the cab cover for the Jeep? I like it. I hae one but it's not for traveling, just rain.

JB

I'm drooling over the first pic. Now THAT'S the way to go Rob !
JB

from a slightly more aerodynamic stand point, id put the lower better sloped windshield XJ up front followed by the TJ

Im pulling my windshiled off to see if i can save a few MPG :)

See ya there !!!

yager said:
from a slightly more aerodynamic stand point, id put the lower better sloped windshield XJ up front followed by the TJ

I think the overall length of the XJ would put the tie downs on the deck in a really funny configuration for use...

Yes, folding down/dropping the windshield helps... Enjoy it while you can before the lil' pete negates any advantage! :p

yager said:

See ya there !!!

You WILL increase your MPG, Yager. I can pick up 1-2 mpgs with mine down.
Just use a good strap or two to hold it down or it will SLAM up and break your glass ........ ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

JB

unbolt it...trade it in to galloways for 150 bucks and go without one.

towing is much better without the windshield...

Rich said:
I think the overall length of the XJ would put the tie downs on the deck in a really funny configuration for use...

Yes, folding down/dropping the windshield helps... Enjoy it while you can before the lil' pete negates any advantage! :p

You just criss cross the straps that's what I do.

got to love a self contained convoy. Be safe,stay dry, have fun, make it back.

PS take some pictures!!

What are the specs on the trailer? Is that from Kraftsman? I'm currently in the market for a 2 car hauler gooseneck, and I love how low yours sits. Thanks!!

Mac

farmboy said:
What are the specs on the trailer? Is that from Kraftsman? I'm currently in the market for a 2 car hauler gooseneck, and I love how low yours sits. Thanks!!

Mac

I'll answer for him, since he's up in Paragon - 32' Kraftsman... it's basically a 32' bumper pull, converted to a goose... The price was surprisingly low for a trailer that big (right around $4k I think)

jeeps loaded, HUGH thanks to shawn (safe-t-screwdriver) for stoping over and helping out. Got a bunch of the loose ends tied up and some rear hoop bars added to help with the spare tire.. so Shawn i owe ya a few :beer:

jeep does look nice, ill post a pic tomarrow when there is some daylight :)

Loaded and mostly ready

Pulling out around noon.

Attachments

• DSCF0131.JPG
    DSCF0131.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCF0132.JPG
    DSCF0132.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 947
  • DSCF0133.JPG
    DSCF0133.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 467
Your left rear chain is loose. :flipoff2:

I LOVE THE the NY sticker.
Wish I was going again with you guys this year, but Harlen KY's new off road park has it's grand opening next weekend. Can't miss that one.
JB

Rockeater said:
I LOVE THE the NY sticker.
JB

What can i say ? Gotta reprezent :huggy: Also helps counter the NC tags when im back home visiting :D

Ya i know chain is loose, jeep is A LOT lighter than i expected, ended up much further on the trailer than i expected... (not complaining) my chains were cut for a rig sitting further back... Ill readjust it later and put a bungee on it...

Thanks guys !!

Thanks Rich! Any idea how wide it is? I'm debating between getting a deckover or lowboy like Rob's, but it has to be wide enough to fit my fullwidths. Possibly drive-over fenders and outriggers?

Back