Password hacked

R Q

I got a message that was from NC4X4 that my password may have been compromised so I came to the PC to check and tried to change my password and the one that was saved won't work anymore. Still trying.

I got a message that was from NC4X4 that my password may have been compromised so I came to the PC to check and tried to change my password and the one that was saved won't work anymore. Still trying.
What do you mean "From NC4x4"? Email, PM, otherwise? Sounds fake, but maybe @shawn can enlighten us to be on the lookout for such things if they are legit.

What do you mean "From NC4x4"? Email, PM, otherwise? Sounds fake, but maybe @shawn can enlighten us to be on the lookout for such things if they are legit.
I cant retrieve it. It was a notification on my phone screen and since it looked wierd, I waited until I got on my PC to check and change my password. It's gone from my phone.

This. NC4x4 isn't going to send notifications about your password being 'hacked' or anything like that.

1631066740231.png

This is what came up on my phone. I cant log in from phone right now.

View attachment 356738
This is what came up on my phone. I cant log in from phone right now.
What happens when you click "Change password on website"? Does it actually redirect to nc4x4.com or some other domain? I'm not iphone fluent, so I have no idea if its legit.

iPhone has a setting where they are reviewing data breaches and if your password is compromised any other place where you use that password it will flag even that wasn’t breached

so if you used abc123 on home depot and they know home depot got hacked then it will alert you everywhere you use abc123

iPhone has a setting where they are reviewing data breaches and if your password is compromised any other place where you use that password it will flag even that wasn’t breached

so if you used abc123 on home depot and they know home depot got hacked then it will alert you everywhere you use abc123
But...but....they aren't supposed to know our passwords

But...but....they aren't supposed to know our passwords
It’s an opt in.
Only if you give them keychain access to manage and monitor your passwords.

Back