Pinion angles

Ibayne

So I done the 63 Chevy spring swap on my 94 Toyota pickup. Before the swap had no issues. Now I’ve got a small viberation at 20 mph. My pinion angle was 5* before an took it out an we put it back in at 5*. Should I go up to say 7 or go lower than 5? I got 6 inch’s of lift out of the swap

DC shaft, you want 1* above. So that when under throttle the shaft is straight. Output shaft x*, pinion x+1*.

Jody ask the most important question. The type of joint set up your running dictates the pinion angle. Single joints at each and must cancel. Double cardan and single combos work different. The double splits the load caceling each other and the single sees little angle change when right. However if I remember 3 degrees of some inclination is required to get the needles to turn over in the joint itself. One reason offset rears where used in some 2wd Ford trucks.

Honestly I’ve never had the shaft all the way out. But I’ve not seen the double cardan joint on it either. I’ll go outside and look real quick

Back