Places to ride?

cjordan1991

Hey guys, I live in Albemarle, nc. know of any good places to go atv riding. ive been to the ure's but would like something less rocky lol. more wooded muddy trails. thanks!

There is also a place just past Laurinburg...but cant remeber the name of the it

It has lot's of trails. One of them is over 20 some miles long in one direction. I would say it is more dirt/mud (depending when it rained) than rock. There are hill climbs that will require good tread and 4wd. My son and I ride a lot of it in 2wd until we hit the steeper parts or mud. If you do the long trail twice you will be beat, at least I was. We usually did it about 1 and half times. There are short cuts back to the parking if you don't want to do the whole trail. All of the trails are in the woods. If you are going with minors make sure you read their website about the paperwork needed. It is kind of odd, but I suspect they got sued some time in the past.

It has lot's of trails. One of them is over 20 some miles long in one direction. I would say it is more dirt/mud (depending when it rained) than rock. There are hill climbs that will require good tread and 4wd. My son and I ride a lot of it in 2wd until we hit the steeper parts or mud. If you do the long trail twice you will be beat, at least I was. We usually did it about 1 and half times. There are short cuts back to the parking if you don't want to do the whole trail. All of the trails are in the woods. If you are going with minors make sure you read their website about the paperwork needed. It is kind of odd, but I suspect they got sued some time in the past.
Sounds awesome, going to Carolina adventure world this weekend might check that one out the following week. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Outback at Park in the one in laurinburg. Mud pit, ponds, flat track, motocross track, trails. Woods, mud, sand etc. I like it. Not the most challenging place but I would rather ride instead of fighting the quad or bike all day. I skip out on URE or brown mtn. They just aren't for me

Brown Mountain OHV trails. 4x4, sxs, ATV, Dirbike. Off Brown Mountain Beach Rd in Morganton/Nebo NC.

We have DeepCreek ATV park here in Fayetteville also, lots of good trails, mud, sand etc.
also Cape fear ATV park in Elizabethtown, and of course Busco if you really want to drive that far.
All three parks have camping and bath houses, Deepcreeks being the newest and nicest.

Broken Nut has a lot of mud and trails are pretty tame.

Busco Beach in Goldsboro
Deep Creek in Linden (my favorite)
Outback in Laurinburg
Carolina Adventure World
River Neck Acres
I was at Deepcreek yesterday, it was great.
Everyone was at Busco for mudbash so the traffic was very light.
weather was perfect!

Horsepower Park in Morganton NC had a huge success this past weekend for ATV and sxs, razors. It's setup great for that right now, lots more work to be done but all those guys had a blast.. especially in the swamp area, boy they tore it up, made trails everywhere down there.

but all those guys had a blast.. especially in the swamp area, boy they tore it up, made trails everywhere down there.
Unfortunately this will be the downfall.

Unfortunately this will be the downfall.
No no, that's a good thing. We want all the trails they made. Saves me from having to do it lol.

No no, that's a good thing. We want all the trails they made. Saves me from having to do it lol.
Sustainability is more than just a buzzword. Its all fine and dandy until the silt runs downstream.

No one would ever close a wheeling trail system just because of erosion and silt in the creek that endangered a non-native fish population.

Damn those rainbow trout.....
I hate trout...

Back