Pop Up Banner Ads?

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
Haven't seen these before on here? I use DDG on my stuff, but Chrome on the work computer. I don't mind the little ads like at the top, but these are huge and you have to click them away.

20230427_073620.jpg

Thanks for letting me know. We were opted into an "ad optimization experiment". I halted the experiment, so they should stop appearing soon.

And this is part of what makes this board great. The admins actually listen.

Same on my iPhone. It drops down and covers the whole control panel of the site.
Was doing it on my phone too. I thought maybe I had been logged out. It’s stopped now.

Same.

Thought I clicked something accidentally the first couple times it happened the last few days…happens when I navigate to the first new page after launching the site for the first time in a few hours. After the first time, doesn’t happen again while surfing. I know I didn’t inadvertently click anything today and got this one…

IMG_3836.png

Also…did something change with attachments recently? After the last major site revision, my attachments would insert as whatever the graphic was…which was nice so I could review the full size image to make sure it was the right one. The last few days, it just shows the ‘attach code’…

IMG_3840.png

Also…did something change with attachments recently? After the last major site revision, my attachments would insert as whatever the graphic was…which was nice so I could review the full size image to make sure it was the right one. The last few days, it just shows the ‘attach code’…

View attachment 397993
But also yes, something changed, because it used to show the image preview, and now it's just the filename text.

Screenshot_20230528-212006.png

But also yes, something changed, because it used to show the image preview, and now it's just the filename text.
It's a user setting. Click the three dots, then the brackets in the drop down menu.

Screenshot_20230528-212213.png

Back