Portable AC unit for popup?

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
So our popup has a roof unit but it is trash. The dude before me tried to rebuild it but he screwed it all up. About what I expect from a guy who didn't know his middle name (seriously).

We normally take the camper when the weather is cooler, but we're wanting to start taking it on longer and further trips and would be nice to plug up to shore power and have an AC unit for at night to keep it cooler.

I was thinking I could find a small one that I could put on the counter inside and vent down through the counter and out the side of the camper with a dryer vent. I have an area that is roughly 25x20 I would say that I could work with. Does anyone know of a very small portable AC unit that would work here? I have a portable unit in my shop that I could use, but it is a 15000btu unit and pretty big. I'd have to sit it on the floor and vent it out somehow with the 6" duct.

With a 20x25” area available you might want to just consider a thru-wall unit, if it’s in an area that would be OK with going down the road with a thru-wall AC sticking out

Also FWIW, a portable unit doesn’t rate similarly on the BTU capacity. A 15kBTU portable would be more in-line with a 12kBTU window or thru-wall unit. So if you could get to say a 8kBTU capacity with thru-wall, would be similar to ~11kBTU portable unit

Back