Possible Rodent Issue

HAHA! damn auto correct!
She loves animals and doesn't want to kill them or have to deal with cleaning it up, but I think setting some up where you don't have to touch them but still kills them is going to be the way to go. My wife is also a bird person and we have a big bag of bird seed just sitting in the garage... that ends today.

put the birdseed in a tote or trashcan so the mice cannot get to it.

Better yet use the bird seed as bait. They are used to the food there, human smell on it etc.

Put the bird seed tote into a larger tote or rig a false bottom trap in the original tote

So for the last 2 weeks, I have been trying to locate where these damn mice are coming in at! I figured out that it seems they are coming in from the opening outside where our AC condensation line exits. So I filled the opening with steel wool and covered everything up with dirt. I cleaned out the garage yesterday and realized there was a ton of bird seed shells behind the box our hot water heater sits on. So I cleaned all that up and set up some spin traps with some bird seed, checked them this morning and nothing. So they have also been getting into one of our lower cabinets, so the other day, I tried to seal any openings with steel wool again and some sealer, well somehow they are still getting in. Wife heard chewing last night and sure enough, this morning I find a couple pellets right next to the trap...
I don't really want to set any snap traps, but I am at my wits end.
So I might just need to break down and get some and set em.

Back