Poteat's Engine Rebuilding

bowtieman55

Does anyone have any experience with Poteat's in Kannapolis? They seem to have really good pricing on their engines.

Services

I had an engine for my Honda Accord rebuilt by them 6-7years ago after a friend recommended them. Had no trouble from the engine but their shop was a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone posted about them a couple months back asking the same thing. The consensus was 70/30 prob on bad/good experiences. if i recall correctly

I bought a 5.7 Vortec motor for my sons truck. They hooked it to their oil pump and I watched it spin. It was an ok motor. Read up. you have to hook it to new oil lines, oil cooler, radiator, etc., It gets costly. When we had an issue at about 4 months out, I called them and even though warranty was for 12 months, they said it wasn't anything that they did because if it was going to mess up it would have done it right away but if we wanted to PULL THE MOTOR and bring it back to them they would look at it. If your cores are no good, it gets more expensive also...
If you believe an engine shop should be a clean and tidy place...keep looking, I've seen cleaner junkyards.

Damn, I was going to make a thread about needing a new motor built and was considering using them. I guess I'll just go with my local machine shop.

Run far away from Poteats.

I bought a 5.7 Vortec motor for my sons truck. They hooked it to their oil pump and I watched it spin. It was an ok motor. Read up. you have to hook it to new oil lines, oil cooler, radiator, etc., It gets costly. When we had an issue at about 4 months out, I called them and even though warranty was for 12 months, they said it wasn't anything that they did because if it was going to mess up it would have done it right away but if we wanted to PULL THE MOTOR and bring it back to them they would look at it. If your cores are no good, it gets more expensive also...
If you believe an engine shop should be a clean and tidy place...keep looking, I've seen cleaner junkyards.

Shameless plug...but we took back a build that was 2 years old, guy admittedly did a 6500rpm neutral drop, put a hole in the block. The guy was sick, knew it was his fault. We inspected it just to see if it could have been avoided or any fault of our shop...it wasn't, but still gave the guy a nice repeat customer discount. Second time around, sold the guy a 6AL and told him to set it to 6499...haha.

Back