Potts Mountain, VA

jcarterjtc

FYI
Potts Mtn is the site of a large forest fire. It has by some accounts consumed quite a bit of the mountain. The Jeep Trail is currently impassable. I will be finding out more details tomorrow. Please send out a heads up to the group so that someone doesn't drive 6 hours to wheel simply to find it closed/impassable. I will keep you posted as I find out more.

This may affect the planned trip to Potts later this year. I've wheeled Potts Mountain 5-6 times.
It's a great trail for a Sunday ride, not too dificult, but fun.

John Carter

Thanks John. I was informed of the fire earlier this morning. I also rode Potts about a year and a half ago. JC and I were planning to make a scouting trip up there this week, but those plans have been postponed until..... Again, thanks for the heads-up! :beer:

Hey John, & Thanks! I just printed, for CTBs next Officers meeting, a post here, on Crozet, Va. Open Wheeling-4/21 &4/22. Have you been there, or have any thoughts on this?

I talked to JC and after granny and him scouted it out they said it looked like a fun trip. I plan on going. Anyone else?

I live local. I've been talking to Granny about this via pm. I may ride my dual sport with you guys or some other locals may be there that day. It's a nice little trail.

Back