Potts Mountain, VA

Discussion in 'Carolina Trailblazers' started by jcarterjtc, Apr 9, 2012.

1. jcarterjtc

jcarterjtc Active Member

FYI
    Potts Mtn is the site of a large forest fire. It has by some accounts consumed quite a bit of the mountain. The Jeep Trail is currently impassable. I will be finding out more details tomorrow. Please send out a heads up to the group so that someone doesn't drive 6 hours to wheel simply to find it closed/impassable. I will keep you posted as I find out more.

This may affect the planned trip to Potts later this year. I've wheeled Potts Mountain 5-6 times.
    It's a great trail for a Sunday ride, not too dificult, but fun.

John Carter

2. Granny

Granny One day at a time...

Thanks John. I was informed of the fire earlier this morning. I also rode Potts about a year and a half ago. JC and I were planning to make a scouting trip up there this week, but those plans have been postponed until..... Again, thanks for the heads-up! :beer:

3. rodney eppes

rodney eppes Well-Known Member

Hey John, & Thanks! I just printed, for CTBs next Officers meeting, a post here, on Crozet, Va. Open Wheeling-4/21 &4/22. Have you been there, or have any thoughts on this?

4. NickMaul

NickMaul Well-Known Member

I talked to JC and after granny and him scouted it out they said it looked like a fun trip. I plan on going. Anyone else?

5. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Well-Known Member

wromg potts mtn. thread,there's a new one on the ride.

6. hadfield4wd

hadfield4wd Well-Known Member

I live local. I've been talking to Granny about this via pm. I may ride my dual sport with you guys or some other locals may be there that day. It's a nice little trail.

7. JoeVacs

JoeVacs New Member

That was a fun trail. I'm glad I went. Perfect weather until the very last when it poured rain.