Powertrax locker... is this normal?

Yj_Nick

New guy here.
I searched this before I asked the question. So. I bought a Yj a few months back. Since then I've done a lot of upgrades. It came with powertrax locks in the front and rear. They do great off road. The jeep pulls to the left or right on road (which ever way it feels like) when accelerating from a stop light. Also seems to do it while down shifting. Basically it pulls when tourque is applied. Is this normal? I have changed the rear u-bolts, shackles and shackle bushings. Changed all bushing and tie rod ends in the front everything is torqued properly. It pulls with the rear end not the front end. Kinda hard to describe. highway speeds is drives great. Is this normal? I never had a locker and this is my first jeep.

Also. There no noises or popping other than the front u-joints which will get changed in a week or so..

New guy here.
I searched this before I asked the question. So. I bought a Yj a few months back. Since then I've done a lot of upgrades. It came with powertrax locks in the front and rear. They do great off road. The jeep pulls to the left or right on road (which ever way it feels like) when accelerating from a stop light. Also seems to do it while down shifting. Basically it pulls when tourque is applied. Is this normal? I have changed the rear u-bolts, shackles and shackle bushings. Changed all bushing and tie rod ends in the front everything is torqued properly. It pulls with the rear end not the front end. Kinda hard to describe. highway speeds is drives great. Is this normal? I never had a locker and this is my first jeep.

Also. There no noises or popping other than the front u-joints which will get changed in a week or so..

Do you know which locker you have? Powertrax makes the lock-rite and they make clutch type limited slips (which people sometimes also call lockers). The lock-rite will cause the vehicle to push to one side or the other, especially if the tires aren't exactly the same circumference.

Back