Project Felicity: 06 TJ Wrangler RHD V2403 Kubota Diesel Swap

Can't you just post up a couple of all-encompassing pictures so we can admire, be happy, and move on quickly? lol

Yeah I'll start doing that as well :D

Here is my latest video, it's actually rather short, the amount of small odds and end work you have to do a swap like this is what really slows you down.

Thanks
Grant

Hey TJers,

I would like to say I made some good progress, but a mistake I made by not checking the engine height months ago came back to bite me . . . so I'm going to be making new motor mounts that lower the V2403 about 2 inches. Still moving forward and hopefully this will only set me back a couple of days.

Here are some pictures as well:

kwNa0vNl.jpg

ahxFvs2l.jpg
ht78rPNl.jpg

Q6UhzFXl.jpg
uiCH2utl.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Thanks
Grant

So I got the new motor mounts cut out with the Langmuir Crossfire plasma cutter and fabricated. Ended up taking me almost 3 tries because of various amateur hour mistakes but I got them made and the V2403 sits much nicer in the TJ Wrangler engine bay now!

kEqR2RTl.jpg

Here is the passenger side (driver side normally)

fAMzPBIl.jpg

Here is the driver side (normally passenger side):

0qqeagdl.jpg

The V2403 finally looks like it belongs in the Wrangler and isn't just hanging out above the Wrangler. Here is a side profile shoot that looked really good as well:

MYvyFzPl.jpg

Finally here is the video as well if you are interested in watching!

I got my Northwest Fab Eco Box in and I will be comparing it to the NP231 Doubler kit I had originally gotten this evening. Let me know what you think, especially with the V2403 sitting lower in the engine bay!

Thank you so much!

Grant

I got the new crankshaft adapter in from KubotaSwappers, was suppose to be last Friday, but it took UPS 8 days to deliver it, it was shipped last Tuesday, got here yesterday.

Here is a picture of the original adapter on the left compared to the new one on the right:
oblhiJVl.jpg

The relief cut in the middle is what I was needing to get around the stub on the torque converter for the AW4. Here is a picture of my torque converter so you can see what I'm talking about:
0Wd0gyGl.jpg

And here is a picture of the new crankshaft adapter on the AW4 torque converter:
hXQkvzNl.jpg

Hopefully will be getting that installed sometime over the weekend. I have my kids coming this weekend so I might not get to work on the Wrangler until Sunday. Just happy to have the parts finally here!!!

-Grant

Hey TJers,

So I got the new crankshaft adapter installed from KubotaSwappers and finally got the V2403 Kubota diesel engine installed and mated to my AW4 automatic transmission. I finally feel like I'm making some good progress with all this stuff! Here are a few pictures:

Dmp4ii8l.jpg

wN6y74ml.jpg

Here is the latest video!

I did check to see how the transmission output shaft lines up between the frame rails since I did put the V2403 into the engine bay at a slight angle and off to the the passenger (driver) side of the engine bay I seem to be spot on which is nice!

Tonight I'm going to be pulling the motor mounts out, finish welding them up, and paint them. Once that is done I'll start work on fabricating the transmission mount!

Let me know what you think!

-Grant

Hey Guys,

I'm moving ever closer to getting my TJ Wrangler back on the road!!! Finally have the motor mounts done. They are welded, gusseted and painted!

i828RqSl.jpg

As always just FYI I'm not a welder, but I get it done! Let me know what you think!

Thanks
Grant

You should do a lot welding practice before welding motor mounts. Maybe get your machine running correctly for the base metal you are using. Maybe prep your material better prior to welding. Just my 2 cents.

Back