Pull motor help

Chaos

I need some help. I am looking to get my motor rebuilt. It is an 89 waggy 360.
it has 170+ very tired miles on it.There is a local guy in Concord who is going to be rebuilding my motor, turn key. I would like to pull the motor myself ( somewhat knowlegable), but have very little tools, no hoist, and damnit I only wanna do this once. Is there anyone in the Charlotte area who can help me out. Hummm,, more then willing to pay ...including food, beers.

when do you need it done????if you can wait a week or so then you can bring it here and we can do it

Well, it is a project truck, so time is not the issue. all I need to know is how much really....oh..and where is "here"?
Gimme a call, 704-507-4833, or let me know how I can reach you.

I bought my cherry picker from Northern Tool for like $200. Probably can get a good deal on one at a local Harbor Freight store if there is one near you.

All you really need is a good set of wrenches, sockets, and a crow bar. :)

Do the Waggys have a mix of metric and standard fasteners in 1989?

(mumbling) ok. I was really looking for someone to....uh...kinda do it for me..sorta...yanno with little help...kinda thing :D

Because he is like 70 years old, and in his words..." I'm to damn old to pull motors ". I need the motor out, he'll pick it, rebuid it, then return it ready to go.

Chaos said:
(mumbling) ok. I was really looking for someone to....uh...kinda do it for me..sorta...yanno with little help...kinda thing :D

NEwbie or not( I know I am not supposed to slam anyone in this area)
Asking for help is one thing, wanting someone to do it for you is another. Maybe you ought to call around to shops and see what they would charge, figure in a house call( like the doctors of past) and then make an offer for someone to do it.

It will take you about 1.5 hours to pull it if you know what you are doing. There is nothing to this. It is a very simple job all you need is a hoist and a few simple tools.

Back