putnam road in Carthage

tacoma87

At Uwharrie i met a guy that mentioned a place that was local to him that he said was a really cool place. putnam church rd. in carthage was what it was called and i dont know anything more than that. has anyone ever been there? is it legal? is it worth the drive there from kernersville? just wanted to see if any of you guys have any experience with that place. also what type of terrain should i expect if i did go?
thanks
Ben

If it is the place I'm thinking of (might not be), yes it's legal IF YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE AND WHEEL WITH THEM. The landowners themselves wheel often, as do several of the people nearby.

Yes there is wheeling on Putnam Church Rd.(It was once called "PIG PATH Rd." <--:D )Its closer to Highfalls, NC than Carthage.

Yes you need to be invited or be with the land owner(s) as there is more than one land owner and parcels to ride on. Most of the trails are power line trails a few hills climbs and lots of mud and creek crossing when its wet.

Almost all the land to ride on is leased by one or two hunting clubs. So before you go ride or make the trip down there make friends with the locals and get to know the area. Or you could just go ride and maybe meet the local LEO's or the locals with :beer: & :uzi: . Most of my family is from that area, so I recomend option #1.

<><Fish

well thanks for letting me know that fishhunt...i had no idea what to expect. a guy with a well built yota told me and my brother about it and we got to thinking that maybe we would want to check it out but if its a local only thing better to find out now on the internet than to find out from gun shots when we are there and stuck in a mud hole or something.

Back