r/c crawlin

i was into it pretty big for a while. competitions got to serious though.

i like scale crawlers. at this time i have a savage=setup for race,micro t= blinged out,losi mrc turned 70 c/10 on 49's that i take to the local streams and try to run over trout :lol:
here im doing some couch crawlin on a cold day
ai284.photobucket.com_albums_ll35_novacayne75_122908140245.jpg

i want to get another mrc to build a truggy. i have more fun building than driving but i dont want to tear the c/10 down for parts cause its to cool.

My MRC just broke, ugh! I've got a NIKKO Jeep body I was gonna swap onto mine, but that C10 looks sick! Got any closeups? Love the 80's Toyota truck bodies too, but they are CRAZY expensive to build up.

That looks really cool. How would you get into something like this? Can you buy these in a store or do you have to modify others into these? I don't know anything about r/c stuff, so any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Axial makes a ready to run kit. Kc Hobby in Hight Point has , The new hobby shop in Asheboro had used one for sell with EVERYTHING already done to it.

That looks really cool. How would you get into something like this? Can you buy these in a store or do you have to modify others into these? I don't know anything about r/c stuff, so any info would be helpful. Thanks.
I dont have one yet but I do know your lookin at 300 to 500 to get a rtr setup that is a good one. I had a t-max and dumped about 800 bucks in it over a couple years and still just tinkered with it. But that was nitro stuff to. The best place Ive found close to where I live is King R/C.Very good and helpful guys in there.

I just got a losi mrc a while back, chopped the body within an hour and a few other home-brewed mods... First rc crawler. Got it shipped for around $230
So far so good and really cheap to modify!
I'll post pics soon...

If you go with the axial, get the ARTR it has better parts than the RTR. Like alum. links and better tires, you will have to buy your electronics tho. They retail for $250. I have the ARTR and just finished 6th in my first comp. and it is stock with just a few simple mods.

I used to race at King r/c The nitro stadium trucks were 'in' then. I had a rc10gt and a Losi xxx. What a load of money I dumped into this hobby. Prolly worse than Crack..lol
I like the crawlers, but cant get hooked again.

I've got an axial scorpion w/ novak rooster esc & 55t motor, Proline M3 flat irons And rear steer
before
ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b127_lildale_0309091931.jpg

after
ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b127_lildale_0329091655.jpg

mine

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 598
bringing this back up. Mine should be here next week. who else has one now?

i have a ax10 with novak rooster crawler, integy 35t, 4linked front and rear, HB rover tires, losi shocks. i love this thing and would love to get up with some of yall and crawl sometime. i built mine to comp specs, but i dont plan on competing. i also have a losi mini rock crawler thats perty much all stock for now. anyone ever go to the bull hole to crawl?

Attachments

• 100_5237.jpg
    100_5237.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 776
I have gotten really into this in the relatively recent past. Doing a lot of competing. It is a blast. This is the hobby I took up when I took a break from the full size buggies.....

My MRC based comp rig:

DSCF0289small.JPG

I also have a Berg based 2.2 comp rig.

Check out www.ncrccrawlers.com and rccrawler.com

Both are excellent sites.

PM me if I can help with anything.

Andy

i used to hang out with the CRR crowd. got a little too competition based for me. cool guys though. i think they morphed/were absorbed by NCRC folks.

Zubz, im sure rene and wade are still into it? what about brando? did he ever come back?

I just recently got the new Losi 1/10 scale crawler. I have had quite a few crawlers, mostly custom built. I can say the Losi is by far the best one I've ever driven. Bone stock suspension with no weight in the wheels it will hang with a friend's Axial that has alot of weight in the tires. We both run the same sets of tires (Chisel's). Running a 17.5 turn Losi Xcelorin Brushless system, this thing will haul! A VERY fast walk at top speed, but still plenty of torque.
Wanting to go to the Bullhole with it sometime, haven't had it anywhere but my parents house and a friend's hobby shop. Free plug for Anderson R/C in Thomasville, probably the best hobby shop around for Crawlers, we built a large rock course beside the shop.
Here's some pics, I have some video but for some reason I can't sign on to youtube...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 908
i used to hang out with the CRR crowd. got a little too competition based for me. cool guys though. i think they morphed/were absorbed by NCRC folks.
Zubz, im sure rene and wade are still into it? what about brando? did he ever come back?

Hey man,
Rene is still really into it. Wade has been around a couple times but not much really. Not sure about Brando, the name doesn't sound familiar though.

Definitely a group of us that are very comp based but there is a group into scalers and some into just bashing. We all get together on a regular basis from NCRC. I think Rene is the only real CRR guy around anymore.....

Back