Radial or bias tires?

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
So for our east coast wheeling what is better, radial or bias? Specifically I am looking for 35x12.5 r15s. I have narrowed my search down to Pitbull rocker radials (their bias tires are too wide for my rig) or a bias interco tire like a ltb or irok.

Opinions?

The difference between bias ply 36x12.5 TSL-SX and 35x12.5-R15 BFG MT I ran on my CJ was huge, both on and offroad. The SX were like tank treads offroad, and rode like ass on road. The BFGs rode great on road, maybe a little hum, but its a mud tire. I did alright offroad with the MTs, but hadnt yet realized how much better it could be.

If you care more about offroad performance go Bias Ply.

If you care more about on road driving quality go Radial.

I will say, an IROK is the best riding bias ply tire I have ever had. Used to DD my YJ 40 miles everyday to school and back with the 36's i had. Got the air pressure right so they wore evenly, got about 30k miles on them, and sold them for $600.

If you care more about offroad performance go Bias Ply.
If you care more about on road driving quality go Radial.

exactly!

If you are strictly offroad or only care about offroad performance, bias. If you care about onroad performance, start considering radial. Anything that is 50/50 on/off, I'd still stay with bias. 75/25 on/off is where I'd start considering radial or at least a good offroad tire and a set of radial road tires

exactly!

If you are strictly offroad or only care about offroad performance, bias. If you care about onroad performance, start considering radial. Anything that is 50/50 on/off, I'd still stay with bias. 75/25 on/off is where I'd start considering radial or at least a good offroad tire and a set of radial road tires

Exactly......brilllllliant

Back